about acis

You have the free rev and what? No contribution, while it has more possibilities to post fixes. Making latest public won't change that. You have to deal with it. People stopped helping long time ago, they work for themselves. Talking here about people capable of fixing, reworking things. Other people won't contribute as they lack of knowledge. So you have your answer. Why don't you post some rework, fixes? Bcs you don't want to, you prefer to do it for yourself only. As most people out there.

51 minutes ago, SweeTs said:

You have the free rev and what? No contribution, while it has more possibilities to post fixes. Making latest public won't change that. You have to deal with it. People stopped helping long time ago, they work for themselves. Talking here about people capable of fixing, reworking things. Other people won't contribute as they lack of knowledge. So you have your answer. Why don't you post some rework, fixes? Bcs you don't want to, you prefer to do it for yourself only. As most people out there.

I have to disagree with this one. In the GitHub ecosystem people contribute because everything is on record. Issue opening/tracking, pull requests, code reviews, contributions and account activity. It's not 2008 anymore.

Still, if someone is interested in acis, would post fixes. It's not like Tk use github and bunch of new contributions pops up :p

23 minutes ago, SweeTs said:

Still, if someone is interested in acis, would post fixes. It's not like Tk use github and bunch of new contributions pops up :p

Ofc not. It boils down to how you manage it.

At this stage Tk doesn't work on it and nobody else works on it either. It doesn't sound like there's something to lose unless he depends on the money.

2 hours ago, SweeTs said:

That.

Plus, some people will get things fixed/working but they will keep them for their own sources or they will try to sell them in order to get some money out of it, so what's the point of making acis public (which kinda is public tbh, you just get 10 revs back which it's fair) if developers using acis are not wiling to make public their own fixes?

Even if each user share a simple fix and we could get like 10-15 shares/fixes you will get a lot of things fixed out of it.

1 hour ago, .Elfocrash said:

At this stage Tk doesn't work on it and nobody else works on it either

Kinda true, but here is the point, if nobody works on it, do not contribute why to give them latest just like that :P

It's not something special or so, just a matter of fact. Look at vampir, as he mentioned, he is working on lucera pack, he took what is legit from aCis and soon he will release his pack for sell. He could easily share with Tk his fixes, reworks. He could even get paid for that. But it's better to create your own pack and get all the cookies for yourself.

So you see, there are capable people who could rework, fix things, but they prefer to work on their own account. Making aCis public won't change that. Eventually, things would be worse.

3 hours ago, Nightw0lf said:

make acis public you get more jobs done faster this is important to users of acis, pay the rest of your money to your devs to review the public codes not to code them and you will get answers. you want fremium make plugins for the pack (there always will be a black market find a way to keep it low) but dont tell me that is the same 10 years of work of 5 developers is better than 1 month of public code that can be fixed by anyone, I am not judging the pack don't get me wrong but i've also seen alot of typos/mistakes in acis, can you imagine how many others have seen and what? if you dont aim for money and you love your project means you want it fixed as fast as possible and as best it can be so..

I already answered to that question, and that's the reason I made things differently with aCis back in 2011 : L2J has never been ended - no matter the pack, no matter the team, no matter the chronicle. Your assertions are simply unproved on the real world. There isn't a single project which go in your way. And that's already a 10 years timelapse.

Open source is cool on the paper, for L2J it simply never worked. L2J itself got some hidden source, and that's not even Illuminatis (at least true up to around 2014-2016).

And public code, excuse me... If L2J has been that much bad in the past, that was mainly because of the entire lack of harmonization / poor realization. Ofc you get a cloth if you have hundreds parts of tissue, but it will be with rainbow colors...

Fixed by anyone ? Where are you on L2J IL commits ? Where are the people committing on L2J GitHub, since it's free and anyone can commit ? You call after "Liberty", but you are the first slave user.

Putting aCis public won't solve anything, I won't have any commit that way. If that doesn't work for L2J, no reason it works for another project.

Edited by Tryskell

Where are the people committing on L2J GitHub, since it's free and anyone can commit ? You call after "Liberty", but you are the first slave user.

This is invalid argument. People shared contributions on L2J, but it was never commited. And more like, it was caused by inner circle... one of most reasons why contributors left this project.

12 minutes ago, Gladicek said:

This is invalid argument. People shared contributions on L2J, but it was never commited. And more like, it was caused by inner circle... one of most reasons why contributors left this project.

So why none simply forked L2J and made the same initial movement than L2J, committing what people shares ?

Why L2JUnity isn't open source and took back my exact freemium concept, for exemple ?

And I fully agree about the commit bottleneck on L2J, some of my own shares have been delayed for a really long time. That doesn't explain the leftover, L2J is forkable since GitHub addition and none decided to took it.

Edited by Tryskell

In this community pack will never be finished if it is open source. I strongly believe the fastest way to do it would be to 1. have developers who would put a lot of his daily time on working on the pack, 2. Increase the price so developers can be paid, 3. Close the source to have more customers.

1 minute ago, vampir said:

In this community pack will never be finished if it is open source. I strongly believe the fastest way to do it would be to 1. have developers who would put a lot of his daily time on working on the pack, 2. Increase the price so developers can be paid, 3. Close the source to have more customers.

That can be another option but you have to create an amazing event based API for extension.

1 minute ago, .Elfocrash said:

That can be another option but you have to create an amazing event based API for extension.

Not really. Making extensions would be pain in the ass for developers if they dont have source code. It would be better to focus on one kind of server: low/mid/pvp and prepare extensions for them so they can manage them with just config/html/xml changes

6 minutes ago, vampir said:

You can't make that much money or the price would be simply extreme, at least on Western Europe. And bigger are the prices, more leaks occur. People already complain about 1€ / rev and some are even proud to leak aCis.

L2J market is the most underrated market, it's ok to make "pocket money" but time invested / money received is simply terrible. If you propose a pack 2000€, be sure it will be leaked on every single forums as fast as it is released.

Edited by Tryskell