about acis

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Is'nt this "sahar server" custom thing, something like side vs side with closed areas, mobs have no drop and etc...?

Or I'm wrong?

Yeah, it's faction server. But few years back, he had low/mid rates (L2Rival) with no problems.

The only thing players can really complain, is the issue related to geoengine / movement. I won't talk about 'missing' features like seal stones as not everyone is using it / can execute old spawnlist. Tk could add old mobs spawn, but he won't do it. So, you are alone here.

Everything depends the servers style you want to create and effort you want to put into it. If we look on aCis like "download files and ready to go", obviously you will fail, as vampir said. Only wannabe admin could do that.

I have got geoengine and movement system from other pack and players are still reporting bugs related to it. As far as I can remember acis doesn't have pathfinding and monsters are stuck stairing at the wall if you hide behind it. If nobody is reporting it then I dont know why.

There are few essencial features missing. One of them is epic bosses, every kind of server needs them implemented so people who want to use he pack must implement them.

Skills: http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?board=27.0

They require full rework that will never be done. Skills are not list of the effects like in l2off which is root of multiple issues, also most of the formulas are incorrect.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:16 PM, vampir said:

I have got geoengine and movement system from other pack and players are still reporting bugs related to it.

Looks like you should copy the non-hobbystic Elfocrash. If he was still developing, ofc.

It is always easy to bash people, when you get nothing to be attacked on. Deliver a product based on the same version of L2J I begun, with the same features or even better, and maybe, MAYBE you will get some points.

It's easy to say you can do better if your point is only to pick aCis / random fork and apply some additions such as scripts, and epic bosses. I begun from L2JIL, and consider to read L2J IL version before saying crap.

You seem to got no clue from where aCis started. And your knowledge about RU packs is far to be excellent, too. For the few I tested (which are all l2p copies, btw - the AI system doesn't lie), there are bugs even on L2scripts, bugs which exist since L2JIL (2007).

----

I should have done a faction server instead of aCis pack, back in 2010. You would be stucked with L2JFrozen and L2JArchid and this whole pointless discussion wouldn't be here. And I would be rich, too.

hlgf

Edited by Tryskell

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

Looks like you should copy the non-hobbystic Elfocrash. If he was still developing, ofc.

Ehm.. https://github.com/Elfocrash/L2dotNET/commits/develop

And.. https://i.imgur.com/FzmQftt.png (On which I spent way more time than I want to admit fixing and mostly refactoring shit acis code)

At this stage, you'd have better luck open sourcing anyway.

You don't care enough anymore because you're not on the limelight (and that's fine), but if there are people that are willing to work on a barely functional C# project then just open source on GitHub. People are passing the project around for free anyway.

Edited by .Elfocrash

56 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

Ehm.. https://github.com/Elfocrash/L2dotNET/commits/develop

And.. https://i.imgur.com/FzmQftt.png (On which I spent way more time than I want to admit fixing and mostly refactoring shit acis code)

At this stage, you'd have better luck open sourcing anyway.

You don't care enough anymore because you're not on the limelight (and that's fine), but if there are people that are willing to work on a barely functional C# project then just open source on GitHub. People are passing the project around for free anyway.

If L2J (and any team so far) failed to deliver a flawless copy, no matter the chronicle and with the illimited amount of helpers in 10y of existence (+ the move from svn to github on those past years which should have speed up the commits), there is no specific reason your version will be a flawless version.

You will have bugs, and will be bashed for that. And your project will be called hobbyist aswell.

Why are you using aCis and not L2dotnet for your battle royale ?

Edited by Tryskell

3 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

You will have bugs, and will be bashed for that. And your project will be called hobbyist aswell.

Nobody called you hobbyist for the features implemented. I rather said that the code looks like what a hobbyist would consider clean. This is factually correct. It's not a bash.

Also I didn't say anything regarding bugs or features missing but rather code issues and code cleanliness. Nobody can deny that aCis is the most feature complete IL project that offers the source.

4 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Why are you using aCis and not L2dotnet for your battle royale ?

For very obvious reasons.

56 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

Nobody called you hobbyist for the features implemented. I rather said that the code looks like what a hobbyist would consider clean. This is factually correct. It's not a bash.

Also I didn't say anything regarding bugs or features missing but rather code issues and code cleanliness. Nobody can deny that aCis is the most feature complete IL project that offers the source.

For very obvious reasons.

There is a lot of classes which would benefit about cleanup (notably Player), but I got not the time nor the will to do such a work. And tbh, no one will never will until he gets nothing else to fix or edit, since the benefit is minimal (if we speak about the same thing).

If you find code issues (and by code issues, I guess you mean it would impact logic or performance), notably on my own reworks, you can always wisp me. I'm always willing to improve and learn. But saying "shit aCis code" randomly isn't acceptable.

Your very obvious reasons aren't that much obvious, since everytime an IL topic involves my name or aCis name (that's the second in few days), you are around delivering a bad comment about it. If that was that bad, you wouldn't use it, at all. Moreover as you are currently developing a concept of server on it, which is actually publically released.

What makes a project good and bad depends about the person I guess. For me it's the clarity, the harmony, the will to edit things than people almost never edit ; for others it's the "features". Ok, why not. I prefer 10 valid quests than 20 wrong quests. It's a personal choice.

I don't ask you to throw me flowers - I don't care about flowers. Simply don't throw me tomatoes when there is no reason to throw me tomatoes. I never bashed you, insulted any of your action (nor code), insulted a member of this community. I helped when I can (I got probably 1k+ posts on Request Help section). I never scammed anyone.

• - If you think aCis isn't the solution - code your own solution. That's why I begun aCis - because proposed solutions weren't the good ones, for me, at the date of December 2010. I didn't bash L2JArchid and Sethek at the time, I simply begun my own pack.
  • - If you like aCis but think developement is slow, then help it. It will help all the customers, and in another hand, all free users anyway - since even if there is a delay, if it's committed, it's commited.
  • - If you think I make money on the back of my contributors, you are wrong. You will make faster money rushing an idiot x5000 server with donations. I would make more money rushing such server. I would make more money coding customs for people. I probably would make x100 more money working on a real-time job at this period, than simply coding.

Anyway, if you could give some hints about code improvement instead of freely bashing (which I currently feel), be my guest. And if you don't like my stuff, simply make your better version. Users will make their choices alone.

I prefer code contribution rather than money, I prefer valid arguments instead of free insults.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Upvote 2

Regarding money management, donations - just to be perfectly clear (and maybe it will interest people and demystify the "money thing") :

• - aCis got 357 customers since the freemium proclamation, which is around november 2011. Current cycle got 117 customers.
  • - Since that time, 6412,7€ have been donated. While it seems a lot, that's 916€/y (in 4 months), so 76€ month. In France, the Internet bill is 40€ / month, and my current salary is 1407€ / month. I don't even want to compare the hour price based on time spent on aCis, the amount would be probably ridiculously high.
  • - From those 6412€, at least 500€ have been delivered to my best sharers - notably RooT, Hasha, fernandopm.
  • - I asked some movement / skill engine reworks for around 400€ each around February 2017. 8 months later, I had still no answer from that person.
  • - I still have around 280€ unused.

So if you still think I make money on your back due to my horrible freemium concept which cost you a lot of money - you probably believe into Illuminatis and I can't help you.

And I doubt another pack owner made such topic before me.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tryskell said:

It is always easy to bash people, when you get nothing to be attacked on. Deliver a product based on the same version of L2J I begun, with the same features or even better, and maybe, MAYBE you will get some points.

It's easy to say you can do better if your point is only to pick aCis / random fork and apply some additions such as scripts, and epic bosses. I begun from L2JIL, and consider to read L2J IL version before saying crap.

You seem to got no clue from where aCis started. And your knowledge about RU packs is far to be excellent, too. For the few I tested (which are all l2p copies, btw - the AI system doesn't lie), there are bugs even on L2scripts, bugs which exist since L2JIL (2007).

I dont understand why you take this personally, I am not saying that you made a bad job or something, I am just talking about pack that you have been working on.

My point is not to pick acis or random fork codes, but sometimes I do that when If I have paid for the files and it is easier to use something that was made well and tested(like quests, which is the only thing I have taken from acis). I would not be able to make couple of successfull interlude low rate projects in this year only by copying shit which are not even fixed anywhere else.

Of course lucera is full of bugs too like I said in some different topic, though it is surely easier to make a good project out of it and out of acis.

1 hour ago, .Elfocrash said:

I'll send you a patch file

Send me too.

A182-2.jpg

24 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

So if you still think I make money on your back due to my horrible freemium concept which cost you a lot of money - you probably believe into Illuminatis and I can't help you.

Who thinks that?

Illuminati? Don't be silly,

Illuminatis do not exist.

But Reptilians YES

1211066_orig.jpg

29 minutes ago, vampir said:

though it is surely easier to make a good project out of it and out of acis.

boris-karloff-frankenstein-lives-again-1

Guys, why so serious?

make acis public you get more jobs done faster this is important to users of acis, pay the rest of your money to your devs to review the public codes not to code them and you will get answers. you want fremium make plugins for the pack (there always will be a black market find a way to keep it low) but dont tell me that is the same 10 years of work of 5 developers is better than 1 month of public code that can be fixed by anyone, I am not judging the pack don't get me wrong but i've also seen alot of typos/mistakes in acis, can you imagine how many others have seen and what? if you dont aim for money and you love your project means you want it fixed as fast as possible and as best it can be so..

Edited by Nightw0lf
  • Like 1