interlude [L2J] Order VS Chaos

Sahar

6 minutes ago, AchYlek said:

i was thinking why there are so much good comments, i got it..

http://l2ovc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11610-event-advertising-lottery/

No shit sherlock...

And that changes what exactly? at least you get a taste of real players opinions rather than the bots every other server out there hires that doesn't even play on their servers.

These are real players that are going to be on the server and probably represents less than 1% of what is actually going to be when server starts.

You can always join yourself too, no need to be shy :)

12 minutes ago, AchYlek said:

u were wondering why there is so much of those good comments or why so many isn't it? huh? chip in mate ))). what can i say lool ,  me 1 i don't play the lottery if that's what u.... 'thinkin' so ))). '  But Thank You.  I'm Tellin' ya though, good comments, for a good server, wouldn't come out for nothing with or without any "lottery" .

i wont be playing this server, but I thought i'd leave an honest review.

Ever since erb stopped developing infinitel2, there hasn't been a faction server comparable whatsoever.

However, this server is as close as it gets to a respectable faction server. I've played all of the other ones that have been released and they are all complete sh1t. L2ovc is the only one where the content is being constantly updated and maintains solid features with the admin trying to keep the server fresh with new ideas instead of wiping every season for a donation grab. 

However, i've never been a fan of the admin as he has probably the worst attitude out of any admin i've seen in my 6-8 years playing private servers. He has a big ego and the server has potential to be even greater if he was not such an asshole to his playerbase.

Anyways, I recommend this server to all players even if I have a disdain for how the admin treats its player base. You will not find a better pure pvp server where you can log in and pvp instantly.

@AchYlek I'm not playing this server nor did I see the thread you linked or whatever, so my opinion is completely unbiased. 

1 hour ago, brandonng said:

i wont be playing this server, but I thought i'd leave an honest review.

Ever since erb stopped developing infinitel2, there hasn't been a faction server comparable whatsoever.

However, this server is as close as it gets to a respectable faction server. I've played all of the other ones that have been released and they are all complete sh1t. L2ovc is the only one where the content is being constantly updated and maintains solid features with the admin trying to keep the server fresh with new ideas instead of wiping every season for a donation grab. 

However, i've never been a fan of the admin as he has probably the worst attitude out of any admin i've seen in my 6-8 years playing private servers. He has a big ego and the server has potential to be even greater if he was not such an asshole to his playerbase.

Anyways, I recommend this server to all players even if I have a disdain for how the admin treats its player base. You will not find a better pure pvp server where you can log in and pvp instantly.

@AchYlek I'm not playing this server nor did I see the thread you linked or whatever, so my opinion is completely unbiased. 

Thanks for the review, although not entirely positive, I still appreciate it.

About my behaviour, I don't know who you are so I cannot know why you think like that, but I can guarantee that there's a reason for everything, so if you don't mind elaborating on that it would be good.

But I must say just 1 thing, people tend to go "crazy" when some of their ideas gets denied or when they request me for special favors (sometimes against server rules) and I deny them, in these cases i'm willing to take the heat and be called "unfriendly" and such, in an era where 99.9% of server admins are corrupted as hell people need to see this as a really good thing, I treat everyone equally.

@Sahar I agree, you are not corrupt at all and you care about your server. But I think its that it seems like you know your server is good, and because of that, you are okay with talking to your player base like they are nothing, since you know if a few players leave its ok since your server is thriving well in this downfall of L2.

Its the fact that players suggest ideas to your server, which they dont have to do. They want to see your server improve and stay alive because we enjoyed playing here. No players would give a suggestion to help improve the server unless they enjoy playing here. Many times the suggestions are utter shit. But a nice attitude goes along way. All ive seen on forums is you being disrespectful towards the players that give suggestions like it is a chore to you. When instead being a bit more kind goes a long way and shows to the players that you actually appreciate them playing on your server. I've never once felt appreciated playing on your server, yet i will continue to advertise to my friends to play here because I enjoy the server. Even now, that I will not be playing this server, i recommended the server tot 3-4 friends thats never heard before and will try it out. 

I'm not here to bash you at all, just giving friendly suggestion as this server in my opinion will continue to have success even though private servers in L2 are starting to fail the longer and older l2 becomes.

@Sahar I am cnig69 or scaretactic. I've played your server for probably 4-5 wipes now and I would consider myself more of a "veteran" than others. I have always supported your server by donating 100-200 euros per wipe and have always advertised players to come. But my negativity and experience towards you is that I never EXPECT to receive special treatment as a player even if I am a donator. All I expected was respect that I was willing to support your project. 

My problem was that I travel for business alot, and one time I forgot my account info after not logging in for a week as I used a unique password compared to before and I lost the paper I wrote it down on. I messaged you if you could help me receive my password back since I used a random email as my "master email". Instead of trying to spend 5-10 min and for me to prove my identity, you just told me you had more important things to worry about and if you listened to every question about losing an account, you wouldnt have time for anything (or something along those lines, i forget). That season I spent 200 euros, and that was the response I received from the server I was supporting. My friends that I used to play with on here have quit due to your forum replies to them on their suggestions. Rude, blunt, and inconsiderate that they are willing to invest their personal time for your server.

Last season was my final straw, once again I donated. I went on a business trip for a week, and I gave my account info (stupidly) to another player and he took my items. This was my fault and it was simple as that. However, my friends I was playing with insisted on trying to seek action even though I told them not to. They insisted on talking to you about getting my items back or atleast figuring out what happened. Even though it was my fault, since they cared so much I said do what you must do but I gave my own info away so its my fault that the items are lost. But based on what they told me and your responses to them, and how once again, you did not show a care in the world towards your player base. It upset me and I issued my FIRST ever recall to donations. Although failed, it was not the money, i dont care about money. It was my trying to show you my displeasure of how you treat your players.

This turned into a rant, but once again, I really enjoy playing your server. Youve done a great job creating content and dealing with trolls etc. All i've ever wanted and asked for from you as an admin was to show more empathy to your players and show more respect/care. 

27 minutes ago, brandonng said:

@Sahar I am cnig69 or scaretactic.

Sorry for the offtopic but nice to see you around, probably you don't remember me :)

2009 l2infinite

wqvkzl.jpg

2qktcnb.jpg

@brandonng

I agree, I might not be answering some of the topics politlely as people expect an admin to answer, but you need to see also the other side of the coin.

Regarding suggestions:
* There are more than 5,000 posts in the suggestions section alone atm, while people read only what related to their own suggestion, I have to read ALL of them (now multiple that by all the other sections on the forum...), this isn't an easy task and I might indeed miss some good points from time to time because of it.
* Server exists since 2013, most of the suggestions are duplicated (people who don't even bother using search want me to answer them politely...) and some of them got no connection at all with the actual gameplay (people who feel nostalgic because of some server they used to play and try to force their ideas on me).

Regarding your personal cases:
That's exactly what I meant when I treat everyone equally, your donations are greatly appreciated BUT that doesn't mean I need to give you (or any other donator for that matter) any special treatment, and that is clearly mentioned in the donation agreement.
Just to make it clear about scams and account sharing - I really don't know where else I need to stick these warnings so people will understand I will not support these cases, but people keep ignoring my warnings and then requesting help when they are being screwed over.

Besides of your case, there were around 20 or even more such cases in that season only, if I would to help you, I had to help everyone, and that's a massive time waste for me, time that I could use to improve the server further.
You need to understand that catching scammers is time consuming, I know because in the past I did help people who got scammed, but this "mission" became impossible to do the more the community grows - so I added it to server rules and stopped it.

Same goes for losing account details, there's a big red text saying that you need to write a valid email address when you register and that it is the ONLY way to recover incase you lose access.
Again, if i'll help you on this one, i'll have to help everyone, it is a serious thing to deal with, sometimes people come to me remembering strictly NOTHING regarding their account details and want me to recover it for them.
Most annoying are people who write giberrish as their email address and then they lose access and ask for recovery.

I really think people need to understand this is a serious business overall, I can be really good and have a lot of fun with my players, but there is a limit to how much I can take.
Again I apperciate your review and I understand your PoV but I want you to take a minute and try to understand my PoV aswell.
There's simply too many things to do as server admin and stuff that can be handled automatically or at least with the help of the community (such as avoiding to share your account and remembering at least the email you registered with) are saving me a whole lot of time.

10 hours ago, AchYlek said:

i still remember ahujek times in l2tales topic with hundreds of 1post acc "reviews" :D

I hope you understand how good your server is, even if people (like me) who do not understand English at all write about it. I play interlude from the moment of release but most of it is dedicated to servers with factions, since they are the most interesting. Of all the faction servers, I'll select this one, since you do not need to be a nolifer here to have a good time - you just go in and play (even on a spoiler there is a fan).
good luck at the opening

2 hours ago, Norby93 said:

I hope you understand how good your server is, even if people (like me) who do not understand English at all write about it. I play interlude from the moment of release but most of it is dedicated to servers with factions, since they are the most interesting. Of all the faction servers, I'll select this one, since you do not need to be a nolifer here to have a good time - you just go in and play (even on a spoiler there is a fan).
good luck at the opening

Thank you !

2 hours ago, Norby93 said:

good luck at the opening

For someone who does not understand the English language at all, you certainly write quite good in it, if we just disregard fan =/= fun. Cos google translate would never get that wrong. Anyway you must be a genius! Although I feel kind of stupid and sad now that I think that what I just wrote will go to waste, since you can't read English at all. Thanks for making me laugh on a Monday afternoon

Edited by sepultribe
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sepultribe said:

For someone who does not understand the English language at all, you certainly write quite good in it, if we just disregard fan =/= fun. Cos google translate would never get that wrong. Anyway you must be a genius! Although I feel kind of stupid and sad now that I think that what I just wrote will go to waste, since you can't read English at all. Thanks for making me laugh on a Monday afternoon

Swamp English always Ruled the l2 world so we kinda got used to it ))). but it's always a pleasure when they "swampin' " indeed ))).