interlude [L2J] L2 Battle Royale

Elfo

6 minutes ago, SevenGuards said:

Well time will prove, hope it will work out but looks very hard to maintain with 36 players.

I have no high hopes mate, I never had. I just wanted to create something that I thought would be cool to play. If other people don't like it, that's totally fine. I coded (started) it and I launched (finished) it so I'm more than happy.

There are currently 50 hours worth of games played across 1296 games and 2290 kills. Even if it stays that way, I'm totally happy with it.

10 minutes ago, xxdem said:

How can you be happy with a an average kill to game ratio of less than 1 ? This is a failure gameplay wise so I see nothing "finished" here

And yet I am :D

[GR] οτι καλυτερο εχω δει για φετος , επικος ελφο για ακομα μια φορα 

φανταζομαι μπορεις να βαλεις τα παντα μεσα ωστε να γινει ακομα καλυτερο !

Edited by Pamela32

tbh, basing on that fraps above, it doesn't look too involving, gameplay shallowed to rng drops/skills and 1 skill spam. Whole circle-thing prolly doesn't even affect most of games, cuz they just run for each other with first weapon they find :D

also i can imagine /target chest or using adrenalin map gives instant advantage over newbies

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlmostGood said:

tbh, basing on that fraps above, it doesn't look too involving, gameplay shallowed to rng drops/skills and 1 skill spam. Whole circle-thing prolly doesn't even affect most of games, cuz they just run for each other with first weapon they find :D

From what i've observed, the initial reaction is what you describe but in later games they actually spend more time looking for items and better weapons before charging on one another and some people get the same speed thing so they chase or give up on chasing etc.

5 minutes ago, baksteen said:

Just because Elfo's project failed doesn't mean he is mentally disabled. Atleast he tried it, and the execution was pretty good to be honest. I expected it to be more fail, but atleast he had some games going on the project, speaking from the statistics.

It had of course good potential. But people's interests may vary.

xdem, should we start speaking about your fail project aepvp ?

Elfocrash is a mediocre developer with high ambitions and a big ego and he will always fail on such community driven projects, all he does is big talking.

aepvp is one of the most successful custom pvp servers since 2012 of its creation, hundrends of thousands of PvPs on every opening and lots of income, I doubt it can be called a fail project.

About battle royal, I will make a MUCH better one than his crappy 10 IQ one, in just a matter of a few days and it will just be a side-event, nothing more nothing less

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, baksteen said:

Why did you had to shutdown the server then If it was that "good, best"  server since 2012 ? Enlighten me.

About your BR project,  i'm impressed.

People get bored of the gameplay and quit after 3-5 months, so what? The times changed, every year there has to be a new reopening.

BR Project? Oh god no I am not that much retarded, I only work on aepvp, I said event, not a project. An event that will be on aepvp

Edited by xxdem

4 minutes ago, baksteen said:

True true.. Must be a really shitty feeling, when people leave of boredom, i feel you.

Do you have any ETA of aepvp? Like really approximately.

Its not the right topic to discuss it, all official info is on my topic

I migrated to a new VPS and I didn't bother moving the site. The server is still up on the new server but I'm playing privately with friends, as it didn't manage to achieve a stable online count.

About whether it succeeded or not, that was never a question. It was meant to be there for people that enjoyed the concept and there were a few, but if there are not enough people to rotate then it gets boring. I knew it would play out like this from the beginning, that's why it didn't have any monetization and any progression system other than cosmetics and leaderboards.

Before you say that I'm bullshiting, check here a convo with Ipo days before the launch.

5Fn4GPS.png

I never wanted to add skillshots and client mods, even though I knew it could make it a better experience, because I wanted to keep it simple.

All I really wanted was to finish the project, as I'm doing with any other project I'm working on for the past 2 years.

It is however technically and code wise better than anything xdem has written in his entire life.

Edited by .Elfocrash
  • Upvote 1