• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, AlmostGood said:

poor quality of code, lot of shits all around :D

On 2/28/2018 at 5:24 AM, Jamba said:

Project in construction

I think this explains code quality.

Imho it's nice that guy is trying to do something nice for community. I am sure he will fix obvious mistakes and make more functionality, since now every free shared tool is mostly for L2j, L2OFF is completely forgotten area.

Keep it up :>

6 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

Yeah, well very basic. I don't care if something is under construction or not.

You'll have better luck using something like this.

Ahh lol originally I thinked this is some GM dashboard. Turns out it's an account manager :D 

Then I say huge nono for this on live server ;) 

L2ACP by tyrkysovej looks sweet, but it would be more flexible if it would run on PHP, not ASP.NET :)

just like i said in my previous post, top100 websites obviously will replace php with own tech and best programing solutions

but we are not talking about these, but majority and language popularity, the fact hipsters call php shit due to old mistakes and routes it took (which are being fixed in each new release), doesn't change the fact its used on more than half of web and even without any top-tier website it will be in the place its now xD

Just to make it clear, im not fanboy, i can see flaws and reason people move from php but cmon bruh, its not dead :D

you know this is l2 right? it's not exactly an enterprise working environment... i use php for all the web shit i do in l2 because it's quick, it's easy, and fuck yeah it's dirty -  every 12 year old who's running servers these days can plug and play that shit straight into whatever $4/month web host they're using, no dependencies no fuckery no nothing just upload and go, can it be done in asp.net? of course, nodejs? definitely, some other hipster bullshit like rails or python? hell yeah why not, but what's the point? php works, it does the job it's needed for, it's the same shit why i stopped arguing about java being the wrong language for a gameserver (which it is) cuz this is fuckin l2, highest player count i've ever personally seen (and confirmed) on a server is 12k so who gives a shit if u use php for a basic bitch stats system like wtf it aint gonna explode under the immense weight of the 50 clicks per day it gets i think we can chill a little on it

btw your assessment that php is dead, is dead wrong

https://w3techs.com/technologies/history_overview/programming_language

it's usage is increasing, not decreasing - you can hate on it all you want but that still won't make it go away and i think that's the biggest thing that irks on the pretentious anti-php folk more than anything, you can give all the reasons you want for why it's the worst language every made in the history of the internet, but it's still the most popular language and it's getting even more popular

On 4.03.2018 at 8:29 AM, Anarchy said:

dependencies no fuckery no nothing just upload and go, can it be done in asp.net? of course, nodejs? definitely, some other hipster bullshit like rails or python?

Python is hipster, interesting, tell me more pls. 

BTW rails is framework, python is a language. Old language.  Born BEFORE php. WIdely used in industry.

And I like this "upload and go"  - thats prove you know nothing about real world scenarios

Just now, Pastorious said:

Python is hipster, interesting, tell me more pls. 

BTW rails is framework, python is a language. Old language.  Born BEFORE php. WIdely used in industry.

And I like this "upload and go"  - thats prove you know nothing about real world scenarios

Python is so underrated in places like this. It's an amazing piece of kit, from penetration testing to image processing to natural language processing. The list is endless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

I totally agree with this bit, but you have to aknowledge that this is L2. I clearly don't do L2 anymore, I do enterprise. Btw, i personally can prototype faster in .NET Core MVC than Laravel but that's just me.

I don't agree with the second bit though.

Just because something was relevant at some point, and people had to stick with it because of various reasons it doesn't mean it is the way to go. People will always use it because it is easy to get into, and lately it isn't even a bad language to use. All im saying is, if you wanna work as a php dev in enterprise you will have to go straight into one of the giants like wikipedia/facebook and so on. Nobody in my network started a new webapp in php after 2015.

Also this is true and false at the same time.

At the end of the day, use whatever you feed comfortable using.

but literally no one in this topic is saying you SHOULD use php for enterprise use, i certainly didn't, in fact i specifically acknowledge that in my post - i specifically said this is not an enterprise working environment so this idea that php is worst language in the world shouldn't be used ever for enterprise is a stupid thing to argue because again, this is l2, a game with a small player base which doesn't face the kind of challenges you get from working in an environment where scalability etc are critical so you don't need an enterprise language for a fuckin stats dashboard lol...

you're arguing against yourself at this point

Just because something was relevant at some point, and people had to stick with it because of various reasons it doesn't mean it is the way to go.

yes, that's true, however

People will always use it because it is easy to get into, and lately it isn't even a bad language to use.

if it's easy to get into and not that bad a language to use then it's not something people "have to stick with" is it? they are choosing it because

it is easy to get into, and lately it isn't even a bad language to use.

if you wanna use .net for a project so simple no one is stopping you and no one is saying you shouldn't but don't fuckin talk down to people like you're some superior figure because you wouldn't use php for it, and before you say you didn't - yes you did, in the posts which were deleted.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

You are dumb's or something? A guy create something and share it with the community, and your fucking comment is about the "poor code quality" ???

<< Don't look a gift horse in the mouth >>

Keep it up bro, good job!