Breaking down L2j for cloud usage

l2off cached doesn't do what i think you think it does ...

The main problem with l2j is that everything depends on the data to run.

i had to do a double take and rub my eyes on this one i can't believe i actually read that

i don't think anyone's gonna argue with you on whether it's possible to do what you're talking about, it clearly is and obviously many enterprise services are ran that way, i think the greater question is why the hell would you? for an academic exercise sure go for it, have fun... but as a practical improvement to l2j as it currently stands? there's 1000 other places that development time would be 1000000x better spent

Edited by Anarchy

3 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

About the second part of your reply, it is just for fun, nothing serious. Just me messing around. I will probably forget about it in a week or so like i usually do.

everything is explained, now i know why you have this signature so you dont forget......... i got stunned.

That's the way most modern MMOs and other type of online games work (including Overwatch) and it can be very efficient on many occasions. However I doubt Lineage 2 private servers can benefit from it since the player base almost never exceeds 800-1000 players per server.

From what I've read, the point of servers working that way is to prevent overloading a single server. You can have multiple servers to handle the players. Large MMOs even have Node servers, which is basically having a specific server for a specifc chunk of area in the game (meaning when a player switches area he switches server too).

1 minute ago, .Elfocrash said:

Overwatch deploys one server per game dynamically.

What im talking about here is node servers in a cluster. Pretty much how every online game works nowadays anyway.

I think besides the game itself even when you are on the menu you are not in a single server. I read that the general chat (which can be seen by some players and can't by others) is basically your server's chat.

It is indeed the correct way to handle an online game, but still there would be no point implementing it in L2 besides for fun.