Fake Players Engine

I just wanna address something because I'm tired of replying to the same question over and over again.

During the past 6-12 months everyone in the forum and their grandma has pmed me asking me to sell them a Fake Players Engine i showcased a while ago.
I refused every time saying that I'm done with l2j stuff. However people have been offering decent amounts of money to buy something like that.
As far as I'm concerned I don't play L2 anymore so i couldn't care less, but there is something I like more than materialistic stuff. MONEY.

So yeah even though i think it is pathetic that this is what it has become of that lovely game i spent countless hours, i decided to profit off of it on this way.

However I won't launch something that i don't think meets some quality standards.
I spent the weekend developing the bare-bones of the engine, random player generation, developing some basic AI (movement, following, attack) and stress testing the server to see how far i can go.

Some if the features i have in mind

• Full fake player control panel in the admin area with
  • Generation of a fake player from the panel with specific configuration
  • AI Intelligence levels
  • Taking control of a fake player and moving it through your admin player
  • Fighting patterns
  • Automatic player generation
  • Save bots
  • Minimal communication
  • The ability to extend the AI system by writing your own behaviors as a developer

Just give me some time and you will get what you want.
Feel free to discuss. (Again i don't support this idea so don't take the piss. It is just a supply and demand thing)

4 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Move it on marketplace, it got nothing to do here.

I ain't selling anything yet. It's more of an open discussion on a topic.

1 hour ago, .Elfocrash said:

I like more than materialistic stuff. MONEY.

So yeah even though i think it is pathetic that this is what it has become of that lovely game i spent countless hours, i decided to profit off of it on this way.

At least be honest with yourself... If you do it, that will be for money. Therefore it's a marketplace topic.

Edited by Tryskell

Just now, Tryskell said:

At least be honest with yourself...

What are you on about?

No i am not selling anything yet.
Yes i will start selling it when it's in a good stage.
No this topic has nothing to do with selling it and it is all about discussing a topic.

Edited by .Elfocrash

Just now, Tryskell said:

Didn't get it.

1 minute ago, .Elfocrash said:

What are you on about?

No i am not selling anything yet.
Yes i will start selling it when it's in a good stage.
No this topic has nothing to do with selling it and it is all about discussing a topic.

If you mean my PoV about the feature, I wouldn't make it to create bots (most people fight bots, that's not to get some), but to make evolved AI to make the world more alive. Hunting, mercenaries, scouts of countries scouting others, merchants traveling with guards and such stuff, which would match better the point to make such feature rather than getting pointless bots doing things worst than regular bots.

But well, people are idiots so simply code what idiot people with money want.

3 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

But well, people are idiots so simply code what idiot people with money want.

Pretty much my whole point. I do agree that it is sad to see where l2 ended up, but people don't wanna see npcs fighting. They wanna see people fighting even if they are not real. Meh, what can you do..

About fake players, I would simply extends intention/desire system to handle more actions, and would add a "goal/objective" intention, which would lead the behavior. If it's leveling, the point is to go to a hunting zone and kill what is around the player level. If it's "trade", the bot goes on a town and go on sell mode with current inventory stuff. Etc etc.

Dear god, because 80% of admins, are taking shared codes or fail projects like L2-scripts and try open a server mean the whole community is bad? What does the "ended up" means? There are people who are interest in game more than money. So basically you some and say "L2 is dead anyway, i'll help it get even worst. "

Reconsider of what you're trying to do, sell an engine that many people requested from me also but i denied knowing that it will ruin the community even more.

4 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

About fake players, I would simply extends intention/desire system to handle more actions, and would add a "goal/objective" intention, which would lead the behavior. If it's leveling, the point is to go to a hunting zone and kill what is around the player level. If it's "trade", the bot goes on a town and go on sell mode with current inventory stuff. Etc etc.

I find the intention system quite broad in a sense. Not quite how I really want the system to work. I want the player to have many intentions at a time and also multiple objectives. I built a general system to do that and then change intention based on the IQ of the bot. Will showcase some of it in the near future.

7 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

Mate, the difference is i can deliver it. I don't care about the community or the game. If people want it they can have it.

Neither i care for the community or the server when i sell a code but is about the "silly" idea behind it. 

PS. if you need any help you can pm me

13 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Why extend it? You just check the object in thinkActive() 

Edited by GamePsychology

11 minutes ago, GamePsychology said:

Why extend it? You just check the object in thinkActive() 

Don't play the idiot, by extend I mean... Improve, evolve. Not "extends" java keyword.

And you can't "extends" an enum.

Edited by Tryskell