L2Ninja Studio Application

Hello Cheaters,

I wanna introduce to you my new Project which is a Desktop Application based on .NET named L2Ninja.

ninjabanner.jpg

Table of Contents :

– What is L2Ninja

– System Requirements

– Objectives

– The Plan & Main Features

– Feedback and Suggestions

– Current State

– Future Plans

– Reported Bugs

– ScreenShots

– How to Help ?

– Releasing Information

- Update Log

What is L2Ninja ?

L2Ninja is a desktop application based on .NET core that aim to help L2 Server and Client Developers to be able to work with L2 Files and do their routine task easily with the less bugs possible.

System Requirements :

– Operating System :

It’s mainly built for Windows OS, maybe in feature will consider working for a Linux version, have no decision about this yet.

Application been developed and pretested on Windows 10 64 bit-based Processor, but should be working fine with Windows 8 and 7. will confirm that when testers prepare their report.

– .NET Framework :

This Application based on .NET core which means you need the proper .NET version to be installed in order to run it. Required .NET version for this to run is .NET Framework 4.5 .

Also there will be two Installer Packages for this Software one of them will be shipped with proper .NET Offline Installer, and the other one without to reduce installer Disk Size.

– Disk Space :

For the current State and version the application needs approximately 50 MegaBytes as Diskspace

Objectives and Aims :

First i started this project a private little tool that help me to work with Lineage Development to reduce time and efforts, also i was using a lot of well known tools which was annoying process routine to use about 2 or 3 programs to do a simple task, so i wanted to create a tool that combine what’s needed to do Lineage stuff.

It had a very non-organized interface and a mess everywhere but who cares it was just a private thing to make job done no more, after that i decided to make more researches on Lineage communities to see what applications they use and what known bugs are out there to improve my little application … and after some fixes i decided to improve it more to be usable but someone else so i started a Discussion to ask people in MxC community, about what they think about it and how to make it useful to others.

By the community members feedback i got new suggestions, ideas and problems that L2 Developers face when working with there daily tasks.

At that point i had new objectives :

– Create an organized and clean interface

– Best User Experience …..by working on Accessibility and Easy to Use concepts to be usable by anyone without very extensive experience requirements

– Provide many tools in one application so you can give your Alt-tab a lil mercy 

– As most Coders/Developers spend a lot of time in front of their screens so they need an Eyes relaxing mechanism, that why i work on multi Interface Colors Schemes so applications users can adjust it to fit better in their working environment lightning

– Reliability ….. i got reported by a friend on MxC community that some L2 Tools out there sometimes deletes and corrupt files by mistake, so i try to work hard on reliability and backups mechanism, and the main concept here is to make that application never use your files directly or replace it until it’s verified as a valid modification process.

– Listening and Listening then Listening …. i believe that something made for the community should be made by the community it self, that’s why i insist to ask people about their opinions and listen for their problems and suggestions .

– Responsibility … wont leave this project and stop updating at least until i can rely on another .NET developer to take the flag so i can take a break then i back again, until then i’ll be responsible for the updates and fixing bugs ( i don’t pretend to be a good coder and will never do but i’ll try my best)

– Eyes Catches First  … i’ll try to achieve a beautiful interface to make it at least non-disturbing looking if not catchy

The Plan & Main Features :

– UTX Files :

Supporting the main tasks for UTX Files such as decrypting, encrypting, searching inside the file, view items, export a single/multi/all to readable and editable files

– System Files (dat, ini, int) :

The ability to work with System files and edit them in a more readable way by listing it’s contents into a Grid for more readability, save them back or export, as well as searching, replacing and validation, also providing a new feature which is Applying patch so you can share modifications with others to import it into there system

– Splash Tool :

Capability of working with L2 Splash Image files with features as encrypt, decrypt, replace original with new one and viewing an encrypted file with respect of Transparency mechanism in Lineage so it will show it after applying the transparency mechanism so you wont see that green and pinky colors.

Also the capability of replacing original BMP Splashes with almost any image format and support transparency so the application will process your transparent pixels and apply the original Lineage Transparency Keys and definitions

– Server XML Files :

Editing XML Server Files visually without caring to open/closing tags, attributes … etc, which can cause big problems for a simple mistake if done by hand.

Well we all know that XML Files structure are different so i’ll implement an XSD Validation to detect the XSD that XML uses and apply it to it .

But older chronicles pack doesn’t support XSD, in this case i’ll make it skip XSD Validation and just scan the file to detect scheme, but i have plans to add custom XSDs to the application for certain packs like aCis, since it has fans so i can’t skip fans of aCis so application we have a special support for aCis server files

– Config Editor :

Work with .properties file, i know it’s plain easy to edit files, but why not just having all in one with some extra features and auto complete organized editor

– HTML Designer :

Not a regular HTML Designer but a special WYSIWYG HTML designer and Editor made for Lineage, how many time you had to start the server and log just to see how the html button will look like or if some color fit or not, it’s just pain also most of us got Critical Errors just for an HTML mistake.

– Database Tools

Just a little tool that helps you with backups, monitoring and custom modifications such as adding agumentations, change access levels, change passwords, scan for dual boxes and much more …

but how can i know the database structure ?

Well i’ll implement a database scheme definitions for most known packs (at least known to me) so you can you can select the pack you work with and application will load proper definitions

– Icon Finder

A tool that help you search and find the icon you want and it will be working in three ways :

First : Search by src .. ex. : Icon.blablabla

and this will show you the icon preview

Second : looking into a list of icons and get the src location of what you selected, based on extensive search into a file you select or default files set by application

Third : Search by Item ID, ex. : 57 > will show Adena Icon

Also this tool will be integrated into HTML Designer, so you add icons to HTML document on the fly without even know the src for it.

– Color Tools

Here you will get a color picker so no need to open Photoshop just for picking a color, also get the valid color codes Lineage system files or HTML files

– Report Tool

So if you got a bug or problem or something you can send me a report without leaving the application and go to forums or emails … etc

– Snippets 

Desktops are screaming nowadays .. everytime we found a good snippet, link, guide … etc we create a new text file to desktop and save it to it, by time ending up with many text files, so with this tool you can save your snippets, todo lists, links in organized categories that’s created by you.

– More features coming to futures plans or maybe to current plan if requested by the community

Feedback and Suggestions :

– Some editors deletes file even when doing the process right

Credits : VanGon

– Try to improve it as much as you can

Credits : baksteen

– Being able to import files and create ready to use utx

Credits : SweeTs

Status : It Supports UTX files operation but working on more operations

– You could add drag’n’drop as a optional way to load files

– add a small ‘preview’ window for the UTX files. So, you can see what icon it is, if you want to see it bigger/detailed, then you click ‘view selected’ button.

– Improving DDF Files

Credits : Sdw

Status : Fixed Some as npcgrp.ddf, itemname-e.ddf and need testing to detect other problems to fix

- Thing of creating your own project's website, and gather all the traffic from your users there (reports,requests,download etc). 

Credits : @`NeverMore

- have a script to automatically encrypt+overwrite existing in directory

Credit : @big man bill

Current State :

– Metro Style Interface

– Multi Themes adjustable by use via Application Settings Panel

– Encrypt a UTX file with one-click

– Decrypt a UTX file with one-click

– UTX Browser : Browse UTX Encrypted Files, look inside contents with a grid sortable by type and name, search inside it, export selected textures, export all at once, view selected texture or content, (Adding a live preview without a click)

– System File Editor : Open Lineage system Files, Show Contents to a sortable grid, Modify, Search, Replace, Patch, Export to Text File, Save them after validation to original file or another location based on user decision

– File Editor Chronicles Support : it support from C3 to GrandCursade

– Modified DDF files for the System File Editor to reduce errors and bugs

– Splash Tool : Open an Encrypted Lineage Image such as  Splash screen and live preview it

– Splash Tool Automatic Encryption or Decryption State, so the application will recognize if the loaded image is encrypted or not

– Decrypt Encrypted Lineage Image

– Convert Encrypted or Decrypted Lineage Images to another Formats

– Replace Encrypted Original Lineage Image with none Encrypted Image

– Transparent Preserve for L2 Images so you see a transparent image into the preview without green and pink extra colors

– Ability to replace original Lineage Bmp Image with non-BMP files with automatic Transparency translation for PNG files to Original Lineage Transparency Mechanism

– Drag and Drop Editor : you can now drag and drop a lineage file to the application and it will load the proper tool for it

– Shortcuts for most Application Functions

-  UTX Browser Now have a live preview support which means when you click on a texture from the grid you'll see how it look like in a preview box, and you can click Full Definition Button for full preview

- Adapted File Edit Grid with the Selected theme for better visualization 

Future Plans :

I’m aiming high for the future to this application to a very handy tool for Lineage Development progress and make it easy to attach a server project to it to provide a management tool for the server as well as monitoring and maybe it will come with a server pack in future… who knows ….

Reported Bugs : 

will be posted here when receive it from testers ….

Screenshots :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

- Live Preview Added September 2nd

livepreview.png

- File Edit Theme Adaption : Added 10th September 2017

fileedit.png

- Color Detection : Added 10th September 2017

color.png

- Advanced Color Picker : Added 10th September 2017

picker.png

Note : Will add more Screens over time

How to help ?

Well any hand will be appreciated, here is a list with things i could use a hand at :

– Report bug or Problem that exist now days when work with L2 Files

– Suggest a Feature or Update or even a simple modification for any thing even if buttons order

– Pm me if you can join the project as a Tester to find bugs

– Share any opinion with me

Releasing Information :

The plan is that Project should be Ready on 15th of September, getting more hands and help as listed in “How to help ?” section will make things faster

Update Log :

- 2nd September 2017

Add Live Preview to UTX Browser > Thanks to @SweeTs

Enhance Search Process , you can now just type in and out and it will be processed without a single button click

Modify Grids to Adapt automatically with Selected Theme and Style for better Visualization

Add Screen shot of Live Preview and Search within UTX Browser

- 10th September 2017

-  Adapt File Edit Grid with the Selected theme for better visualization 

- Automatically Detect Colors Parameters and Add it as Background, for accessibility purpose. So you don't need to check how this color looks like anymore

- With Double Click on a Colored Element you get an Adobe-Like Color picker, which automatically translate values to the valid syntax of dat files (rgb and rgba)

Note : A Video will be available soon

Edited by SamDev-Coder
Add a Colors Update
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

well as far as i see it , its a nice program and i would definitely love to test it if u want! im more interested in file edit cause many file edits nowadays give errors and etc.. also the utx decrypt seems rly useful its like a all in one program.. gj continue working!

1 hour ago, VanGon said:

well as far as i see it , its a nice program and i would definitely love to test it if u want! im more interested in file edit cause many file edits nowadays give errors and etc.. also the utx decrypt seems rly useful its like a all in one program.. gj continue working!

Thanks friend, and of course a test hand would be very appreciated :)

- UPDATED with FileEdit Progress

On 8/28/2017 at 4:06 PM, VanGon said:

anytime u wish contact me at skype : vangon or here !

I will just when finish FileEdit :)

4 hours ago, SamDev-Coder said:

- UPDATED with FileEdit Progress

I will just when finish FileEdit :)

cool w8ing dude.. and im rly interested in ur file editor cause the ones i found always keeps deleting my files even though i do the process right!

59 minutes ago, VanGon said:

cool w8ing dude.. and im rly interested in ur file editor cause the ones i found always keeps deleting my files even though i do the process right!

Thank you, til now i got only one error when columns total width is more than 65535, but got that handled with few event handlers and mathematics

40 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

Is it on github or you are just doing it as a private little project? 

Looks pretty good, good job

Well it's started as a personal project that i made just to help me when working with L2 development, that's why i didn't made it public cause maybe the community think it's useless to share, but of course if will help anyone then i don't mind share even the source code, specially an expert like you can tell me if there is a better way to do something...

and Thanks for feedback and support :) 

Just now, SamDev-Coder said:

Thank you, til now i got only one error when columns total width is more than 65535, but got that handled with few event handlers and mathematics

Well it's started as a personal project that i made just to help me when working with L2 development, that's why i didn't made it public cause maybe the community think it's useless to share, but of course if will help anyone then i don't mind share even the source code, specially an expert like you can tell me if there is a better way to do something...

and Thanks for feedback and support :) 

well im just w8ing for u to share it then :P i cant w8

10 minutes ago, VanGon said:

well im just w8ing for u to share it then :P i cant w8

Well then i'll share it if that's make you happy :)

Just now, SamDev-Coder said:

Well then i'll share it if that's make you happy :)

no need to share it for me dude.. its ur work.. u worked hard and i can tell as well as everyone can.. u can also sell it no problem by me :P i can even buy it ;P

17 minutes ago, VanGon said:

no need to share it for me dude.. its ur work.. u worked hard and i can tell as well as everyone can.. u can also sell it no problem by me :P i can even buy it ;P

Big Thanks for your support mate, i really 

15 minutes ago, Celestine said:

i have no words it's just awesome keep it up the good work :)

Thanks a lot for being supportive and motivating, hope you like it and use it someday :)

11 minutes ago, baksteen said:

Masterpice of programm. Could be really useful, try to improve it as much as you can :).

OT: I just saw you joined my discord about that c6 serv :) You're welcome.

Really happy to hear that, i'll not leave that project til the last bug :) and Thanks, but i need more info tbh :)

6 minutes ago, Θα Σπασω Κουπες said:

You gather more losers like you to cry together? 

losers ?? well thanks anyway :)

4 minutes ago, SamDev-Coder said:

Big Thanks for your support mate, i really 

Thanks a lot for being supportive and motivating, hope you like it and use it someday :)

Really happy to hear that, i'll not leave that project til the last bug :) and Thanks, but i need more info tbh :)

losers ?? well thanks anyway :)

The losers wasn't for you :'( i like you,  we can be friends or sexy couple. It's just the baksteen is just a guy who pretend to be female and flame greeks in a greek forum. :3 he is a clown

16 minutes ago, Θα Σπασω Κουπες said:

The losers wasn't for you :'( i like you,  we can be friends or sexy couple. It's just the baksteen is just a guy who pretend to be female and flame greeks in a greek forum. :3 he is a clown

Thank you dear , likes you as well :)

btw i dunno about anything running in Greek sections since i dunno even a Greek word

Edited by SamDev-Coder