Gracia Epilogue Damage / Magic Resist Formula Change

Hi,

as you may know, I'm developing Epilogue extender. I've found this info on legacy.lineage2.com:

• The formula used to determine damaged inflicted on monsters level 78+ has changed slightly.
    • The amount of damage inflicted on monsters will be lower if your character is 2 or more levels below that of the level 78+ monster.
      • Damage will not decrease if player is same or higher level of the monster they are attacking.
      • In case of a servitor or a pet, damage will be based on owner's level and not the pet's level.
    • Decreased damage amounts apply for all types of attacks (weapons, skill, etc.).
    • This change does not apply to PVP.
  • The formula used to determine resistance against magic inflicted on monsters level 78+ has changed slightly.
    • When a character's level is 3 or more levels lower than that of a monsters level the chance that the monster will be able to resist a magic spell will increase.
    • Items that used to affect the chance of a creature resisting a magic attack has changed.
      • The chance of monsters resisting magic spells will be based on character's level rather than stats used to boost the chance to hit a monster.
    • This change does not apply to PVP.

Does anyone here know how exactly should inflicted damage/magic resistance change with level difference?

Thanks in advance!

those changes are really evil

Pure evil... I'm thinking about leaving it as it is (which was at least right previously, unlike some guessed formula that was never right)

This forum may have this info: http://lineage2.playforum.net/

but navigating it is painful to say the least...

example of info they have: 15wxtap.jpg

edit: I remember this was significant when playing, so as not to allow level 75 chars to farm on the new level 78 mobs, but any numbers that I say would be a pure guess.

Edited by ericvini

I have no hard data, but based on some "in-between" updates (maybe Hellbound? It was some update close to it) magical critical chance was modified by 0.33, so 0.35 seems like a real possibility (even tho this is regular damage and not critical chance) - I mean, they tended to always use the same values based on their language, like greater used to mean X% etc.

I've tried to search for some l2w logs that I had but I didn't back'em up (and on Epilogue I had only limited data as I ran a 5man party, not multiple like GF).

The numbers seem good; being able to fine tune easily in the .ini is awesome. I'd feel tempted to use the damage nerf at about 0.2 to 0.35 (test what makes solo chars struggle to farm the new mobs). I hate to guess =/

edit:

I found this post: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?p=2941563

"If you are lvl 80, trying to attack a lvl 84 Megacrokian on the Field of Whispers, you will deliver less damage then you would on a lvl 81 monster of the same M.Def. If your Wolf in that example is lvl 82, i.e. 2 levels below the Megacrokian, you will also notice a reduction in the damage it does. That damage reduction is calculated separately and independently from your damage reduction. You do a lot less damage with your nukes (in Taiwan there was somebody who tried exactly that and needed 10 instead of 6~7 shots) and your Wolf does a bit less damage with its bites. Since the reductions are adding up, this means that the Field of Whispers is de facto not doable for you."

35% reduction seems pretty legit.

edit2:

"In Korea the level difference nerf was first not there in Gracia Epilogue, then it was introduced, then it was removed again, then it was re-introduced. It seems that technically it would be no major problem to add or remove this feature from the game. Maybe we should give it a few months on the live servers, see how it works out, and then make a poll."

I don't know if this si true, but it sounds legit based on NCs past behaviour. It seems likely they added this nerf only because of their high number of players - to keep the new areas more exclusive.

Edited by ericvini