[L2J] L2 Warpgate 2.3

134 posts in this topic

I can't agree with that. As other people mentioned, you just have to make the gameplay less farm2win. E.g. you can always go the NCWest route and remove all drops and other afk-able features that allow players to earn gear or adena.

Then you have to make sure to have all the features that allow people to earn stuff (e.g. castle sieges, keucereus defence, dimensional raid, epic raids) be as close to 3-4 AM for your server's core population, and also make all open field raids have fixed respawn in that period of time.

After that, the server is ready! Hardcore non-botters who can play all night long will be able to gear up very quickly and dominate the server, everyone else will never have any items or adena and will be just cannon fodder permanently. It's like the perfect server!

Xusse    0

hmmm i am not sure I understand your post but you are saying to gear up and reach end game quick so you can dominate the server and go to next server? cuz if that is the case, that is what kill servers with good intentions and for all I know classic is about the grinding.

server not farm2win? sounds like you are the kind of person that pays2win

I am saying that when you have nothing to farm with a bot, only compete for an extremely limited pool of resources within a hugely inadequate time of day (night), there is no point in botting and thus nobody bots.

L2 can do zerg/ganking, if the community chooses so, so such a server has plenty of room where the early-dominant side can easily be overthrown, or at least given a serious headache each day (night).

Where do you see pay2win? This type of server doesn't need RWT.

Official Classic servers are an entirely different story. People do 2/3 shifts to have a CP running 24/7, no bots to maximize efficiency. Oh, and the new L2 Store with expertise runes and timed C+ grade gear is definitely pay2win. Better lrn2playl2.

Edited by *real*savormix

Xusse    0

ah I see your points now and I agree, but as u said it is a different server setup, more like a high rate settings where there is only a "farm zone" and custom RB that drop the end game items.

But we come back to the same problem, the community. I seen good server setups, good farm zones, good rb rotation but a side decides to tryhard the server and go zerg and pretty much force the other sides to quit and wait for next server to do the same again... this goes out of GMs and Devs hands...

DEV|Supreme    1

Hello everyone,

To clarify everyone, here's a sum of how Warpgate was and is at the moment.

Every Interlude Server Warpgate had since 2012 till 2015 lasted for at least 1 year minimum. Their end was due to People leaving, no more stuff to do, everyone was full and we couldn't magnet newcombers. It felt Bored as usual it has always been for every Server.

Therefore decided into working in something new, something different: Classic version.

Even before anyone knew about it back at 2015, started digging, reviewing, checking everything i could. I had the tools to do it...

Until finally Warpgate opened his first Classic (2.0) doors November, 4th 2016 where his vitality lost light after 4 months.
Due to unfinished features, lots of problems, and most important things: consistency and solid Gameplay.

It wasn't ready, neither perfect, but it was the most complete Classic Server from all private Servers.
Everyone knew things could go bad and even like that they put their trust into Warpgate and we gave it a try.

After those 4 months, set my mindset into working towards the best complete Private Classic Server ever seen.
Started with a new pack and been till today implementing everything from scratch but way more faster as have plenty of Classic content ready.

This time kept myself behind the scenes as there are spies from some Private Classic Servers at our Discord.

Since Pre Alpha was released, Feedback has just been impressive, not only from old Clans but aswell Solo Players playing elsewhere where there are game breaking issues or cash grab servers.
These due to being rushed or just not being complete at all. One of them is club with his 2.0 rushed version. Now there is a big reports section growing each day...

There is just not a single Private Classic Server fully ready out there.

Warpgate will be ready and announced when everything has been completed with Classic Zaken's 2.1 version.
(Yes 2.1 not 2.5 as everyone's mentioning it. 2.1 is from Europe / Russia. 2.5 is King of the Spirits at Korea atm FYI)

I want to make sure this time we start with the right foot proving the best and complete retail Classic version this community has ever seen.

It's better to start with something complete and that Players trust right away from the beginning, rather then waste it giving it a negative feeling.

An example would be:
Roller Coaster Tycoon World vs Planet Coaster.

• Both these games provide the same gameplay focus.
  • While Roller Coaster Tycoon World rushed his release, Planet Coaster stood by fans side and tested  / implemented everything before releasing it.
  • In the end Roller Coaster Tycoon World is bugland and just not as fans would expect it giving major negative opinions.
  • On the other side Planet Coaster is everything Roller Coaster Tycoon World wished to be and everyone is enjoying it so far.
  • Upvote 1

X70    0

why do i always see this fail server with most recent activity/bumped when last post was from october 30? wtf? is this what you get from maxcheaters when you pay for advertising? i am seriously confused. anyways, what is the lolupdate with this server, werent u supposed to open spring 2016?

DEV|Supreme    1

Hello @X70,

• When Ready Developments become released into Pre Alpha Server as a bundle i'll update this post.
  • No we didn't payed for advertisement (yet).
  • We've opened Winter 2015 Classic 1.5~2.0 mixed with unfinished features and lots of issues till March 2016.
  • Till the current date we under development and no ETA will be given till everything has been completed and fully tested.
  • Edit: At the moment with Classic Saviors 2.0 - Antharas (2.3) version
Edited by DEV|Supreme

DEV|Supreme    1

Classic Antharas 2.3 - Ready Developments [12-01-2018]:

• Reworked both Individual and Party Exp and Sp calculations with correct priorities based on:
  • Updated both Individual and Party Level Penalties based on Grand Crusade and Classic's Zaken 2.1:
  • Some hotfixes for Npc's Parser:
    • Correct Experience rates
  • Reworked both RequestRaidbossSpawnInfo ExRaidBossSpawnInfo packets:
    • Related to Map's Info Bosses Status
  • Implemented Classic Zaken's 2.1 - Ensoul Options Parser:
    • Implemented Ensoul feature
  • Implemented Classic Zaken's 2.1 - Clan Rewards
  • Classic Zaken's 2.1 - Skill's Parser rework:
    • Updated Clan Unity
  • Implemented Classic Zaken's 2.1 - Clan Level Up Data:
  • Several Reworks have been made:
    • Community Board based HTMLs max size
    • Shutdown System
    • New Drops System
  • Fixed issue while removing a clan from clan entry when deletion happens
  • Implemented Classic Zaken's 2.1 Exp Sp individual Level Penalties
  • Removed overhit from effect param, in several Skills where it not used
  • Added summon unexistent names checks
  • Introduced i_reset_reuse_delay which remove the reuse delay of skill ids
  • Fixed MaxMpFinalizer for npc/summon
  • Reworked MaxHpFinalizer for npc/summon
  • Fixed accuracy/evasion finalizer for npc
  • Major Rework at Npc's Dropslist view:
    • Better structure
    • Less resources usage
    • Server's Rate applied
    • Player's Level penalties and Bonuses applied
    • Tooltips available (such as Item's ALT click on chat)
    • image2.jpg.cd46132321803dd408c6bcee7a00f446.jpg
  • Updated Giran Castle Town spawns and buylists
  • Classic Zaken's 2.1 - Skill's Parser rework and updated Skills:
    • Dual Weapon Defense
    • Indestructible Sound
    • Quick Spear
    • Throwing Spear
    • Spear Howl
    • Shield of Sacrifice
    • Blood of Sacrifice
    • Chain Strike
    • Mount Golden Maned lion
    • Throw Dagger in Wrist
    • Evasion
    • Death Sting
    • Eva’s Protection
  • Implemented Mount Golden Maned Lion Transformation
    • Transformation itself
    • Respective Skill
  • Reworked Fishing System:
    • Better Exp / Sp formula
    • Proper Baits and Rods
  • Updated Initial Equipments
  • Updated Hennas (Dyes) Stats
  • Implemented Moon Knight's quest
  • Implemented RaidData from Client:
    • All Classic Zaken 2.1 Raids with their respective Map Info level restrictions
    • Useful for future Classic features
  • Fixed an issue with Player variable reset
  • Added support for "START_QUEST" item default action type
  • Made showHtml to use WorldObject so we can pass item to it
  • Updated Social Action's broadcast range to retail -> 2048
  • Fixed Multisell "KEEP_ENCHANTED" attribute
  • Fixed item count on clan level up
  • Fixed several skills with wrong effect "p_damage_shield" -> "p_damage_shield_resist"
  • Added 2 missing One Day Reward Handlers:
    • Login during Month
    • Login during Weekend
  • Reworked "i_reset_reuse_delay" effect -> "i_change_reuse_delay":
    • Changes reuse up or down
  • Reworked Invisible behavior functionality:
    • Instead of cancelling attack/cast in hide effect type, now cancelling into setInvis where DeletePacket happens
  • Fixed typo in geodata checkNearestAntiCornerCut
  • Moving "i_come_to_me" -> "p_come_to_me", moving from "instant" -> "pump":
    • Instant applies no matter what, even if there is a success calc in it, it won't match pump one. Moving could happen while pump effect was not applied.
    • Removing "p_block_controll" and making that part bundle into the effect
    • Removing control block from movement disabled, as you can move but you can't control where to, it should do some fixes for Fear as well.
  • Properly splitting "movementFinished" and "stopMovement":
    • "movementFinished" is invoked only when movement finished successfully, also it wasn't unregistering in MovementController now it does
    • "stopMovement" is called when movement is interrupted (for Creature), getting ride of the useless stopMove method and gathering it all under stopMovement
    • Getting ride of the useless stopMove for Vehicle movement, moving under stopMovement which is the one in use
  • Reworked "p_hide" effect:
    • Now taking his boolean in effect to enable cast
    • Now effect with this boolean set to true can cast skill which aren't bad
    • Removed boolean that stops skill when doing action or damage for hide skill type and moving it to listener
  • Reworked "ChaosTime" retail like:
    • Proper condition checks
    • Moving both "checkTarget" and "targetReconsider" to Attackable class:
      • This way we will be able to use them for future AI implementations
    • Removing Minions from ChaosTime
    • Reconsider Targets will be determined retail like (no custom checks)
    • Introduced randomizeAttackDesire:
      • Gets the target with the most hate from a shuffled aggroList's hates.
    • Reworked targetReconsider (checking mostHated has changed):
      • It's no longer necessary to get a random target.
      • Get a new target with most hate from the Attackable's aggro list or find first inside his aggro range
  • Removed clientStopAutoAttack from:
    • onIntentionIdle
    • onIntentionActive
    • onIntentionMoveTo
    • onIntentionFollow
    • onIntentionPickUp
    • onIntentionInteract
    • DISCLAIMER: On retail, Attack Stance from a character stops after 15 seconds ONLY from the last attack (hit) or when some effective block attack action is imposed on him such as Paralize, Petrify, etc.
  • More AttackStance legacy leftovers clean up:
    • AutoAttackStop packet should be sent upon removing actor from attackStanceTasks
    • Do not notify "EVT_ATTACKED" if Character is dead
  • Dropping geonodes as the system isn't working, nor is used by anyone and outdated
  • Removing some legacy code used in Oly
  • Reworking Raid Curse with AI Script:
    • Any beneficial skill that does not add an abnormal effect can be used on the raid and minions without limitations:
      • Heal, Battle Heal, Cure Poison, Radiant Heal, Recharge, Greater Battle Heal, Vitalize, etc.
    • Any skill may be used (self, target, pm, party) on any target(s) [in case it is a full party/full clan type of skill] that have not successfully attacked the raid or its minions:
      • Getting petrified does not count as successful attack, even though you did damage/kill the raid/minion(s).
      • Being killed after attacking the raid still means you have attacked the raid and thus you must restart otherwise anyone trying to res will get silence.
    • Using a basic attack or casting any offensive skill (including those that cannot have effect such as erase) on the raid or its minions will cause petrify. Using any skill that successfully adds a new abnormal effect on the raid or its minions (incl. greater heal, radiant recharge, targeted buffs) will cause petrify. If a skill doesn't add a new effect (e.g. minion has casted a higher level might already), petrify is not applied.
    • Casting any skill on anyone who has successfully attacked the raid boss or its minions will give you silence. This includes AoE skills that target other mobs or neg rep/flagged players! If a skill takes longer than approximately 0.5s to cast, silence will additionally interrupt the skill cast. Using basic attacks on such players will not trigger silence or petrify, but beware petrify if using a polearm.
      • Anyone can cast anything on petrified/silenced chars. Neither raid nor minions will attack a petrified/silenced char (not even the first hit).
      • Petrify doesn't affect servitors.
  • Added diff/per mode to "i_change_reuse_delay" effect
  • Fixed typo for "i_change_reuse_delay" PER mode
  • Introduced several effects:
    • i_call_skill_random
    • p_change_skill_use
    • p_abnormal_time_change
  • Added Jones (Moon Knight quest) missing spawn
  • Updated Several Classic Zaken's 2.1 Skills
    • Immortal Life
    • Sword Expert
    • Life Rescue
    • Power Supremacy
    • Body Impale
    • Weapon Reinforcement
    • Great Fury
    • Physical Damage
    • Sword Expert
    • Clear Movements
  • Reworked Shutdown System
  • Unhardcoded level to which free teleport ends
  • Fixed a typo for accessory typing

Classic Saviors (2.0) - Antharas (2.3)

• Updated all Packets to Classic Antharas 2.3
  • Following Antharas version:
    • Updated all Classic Teleports
    • Updated Party Data
    • Introduced both Maris and Teleport NPCs (Giant's Cave)
    • Parsed all data related with this new version:
      • 7572 Skills / 33391 Skill Levels
      • 9806 Items:
        • New ClientIds for Several SlotTypes (BodyParts):
          • R_HAND
          • L_HAND
          • GLOVES
          • CHEST
          • LEGS
          • FEET
          • BACK
          • HAIR
          • HAIR2
        • New ClientId SlotType ClientID:
          • AGATHION_MAIN
        • New ActionType:
          • USE_COUNT
      • 5358 NPCs
      • 14962 Class Skills for 89 Classes
      • 624 Recipes
      • 53 Item Sets
      • 129 One Day Rewards
      • 145 Raids Data (Map Info)
    • Updated Several Skills:
      • Hawk Eye
      • Bison Spirit Totem
      • Eva's Kiss
      • Chant of Victory
      • Victories of Pa'agrio
      • Pa'agrio's Emblem
      • Clan Exuberance
      • Cat's Potential
      • Unicorn's Potential
      • Spectral Potential
      • Blue Talisman - Magic Skill Evasion Rate
      • Clan Exuberance
      • Summon Soulshots
      • Summon Spiritshots
      • Rice Cake of Flaming Fighting Spirit - Event
      • Backstab
      • Poison Blade Dance
      • Blaze
      • Hold Resistance
    • Introduced new effects:
      • p_attack_speed_by_hp1
      • p_physical_defence_by_hp2
  • Added Blood Marks to specific Classic Mobs with retail chances
  • Related Pledge (Clan) Updates:
    • Updated Classic Clan war requirements:
      • Clan must be 3rd level or more
      • Penalty of 500 Clan Reputation Points applied if clan decide to stop clan war
    • Updated Clan Reputation:
      • Only clans of 3 level or more can acquire clan reputation points when clan members get new level
    • Updated all Sub Pledge Skill Tree (Clan Skills)
  • Related Residences (Clan Halls) Updates:
    • Removed Innadril, Goddard, Schuttgart, Rune residences
    • Updated Clan Halls "Costs" and respective "Ranks"
    • Introuced all Clan Halls - Grades S and A
    • Updated all Residences (Clan Halls) Functions
    • Updated Clan Hall Buffs
  • Updated both Gludio and Dion Agit Maps information
  • Fixed wrong Enchant Formulas above +4
  • Parsed all data related with EU's latest updates:
    • 7605 Skills / 33427 Skill Levels
    • 9855 Items
    • 5366 NPCs
    • 129 One Day Rewards
  • To reflect Classic Antharas 2.3 version:
    • Updated all Website and Forum Logos
    • Updated Forum's Background
    • Updated Facebook's Logos
    • Updated Discord's Logo

L2 Warpgate's uPlay 1.0.9 (Antharas 2.3)

• Updated every Logo / Respective Informations to reflect Classic Antharas 2.3 version
  • Reworked all Installation / Update process to avoid any future issues
  • Implemented Lobby Selection feature which will enable Players to switch Lobby Screens for their Clients:
    • Saviors
    • Baium
  • Reworked News Feed

Classic Antharas x3 Development Task List updated as well!

Edited by DEV|Supreme

DEV|Supreme    1
5 hours ago, qqmore said:

so any news for your server opening  ? you prepare it more than 2 years.

Developing all Classic AI Scripts + reworking lots of old codes that are outdated

this is a joke mate.I m waiting for about 15 months for your server.I saw that you are trying to fix things and etc.When a new update comes you are trying to add it in your client and the result is 0.We are waiting for ages.I have a dauther 9 months and still server is down.Perhaps when she grows up and become 10 we can play together.... just quit i dont know what else should i suggest... I know you want everything to be perfect on live but always you ll have problems.Even ncsoft had problems on official.I admire you passion but still you have to open your server... GL

DEV|Supreme    1

First of all, Im sorry to hear that you're waiting for such long long time...

Second i apologize for the delay but there is no ETA and i do not want to give any till i have everything ready without any issues and everything completed.

I understand your frustration and what i can tell you is, just don't wait for Warpgate if you feel bored and you want to play a bit elsewhere till it opens.

About new NCSoft updates, no, definitely not slowing Warpgate down. It's just by the time im implementing something, i'm fixing some other issues

Protein    0

He is right Supreme. Just Open it. And you can fix it step by step with us!! Your Posts / fixes nobody care when we cant play there dude. 

One more thing. Your old c6 Server was the best arround... you just fail with to do it famous. Like a Grad opening Count down and add it on top/hopzone...

We try to find a old good Server with Good Features. But you cant find it nowhere. 

I hope you will do as soon something... 

Edited by Protein