L2Dot Net Interlude Project

Major announcement

Windex updated the project from .NET Framework to .NET Core 2.0.

This means that you can now also run it on Linux and Mac.

This also opens a door for a lot of other improvements.

Take a look a leave a star at https://github.com/Elfocrash/L2dotNET

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

And yet here we are (future) what happens with the project? I've been grown to love lineage and java is something i can't even imagine coding at. I'd love C# and golang, so what's going on with it? I am really curious cuz so you said yourself you ain't abandon a project such as that, but that's a huge project to carry for one or two people. At least what happen? Is it complete? If it is i surely wanna see dot net core 8.0 on, of course it would need upgrade and migration and most of it change the entire think to the modern C#. I really want to see how would it be with rabbitmq and redis, of course rabbitmq in very specific cases and really curious if i can make it cloud friendly project i really am curious.

I know it's an old topic years ago but if someone knows anything it would be perfect.

Elfo never followed its own L2J projects for more than 3 consecutives months and will never do so. That's like a running gag or a prophecy you can't go through, like aCis being a never-ending project.

For his defense, he got way better things to do and is far more successful on his Youtube channel. Also, anyone is up to pick what Elfo left ; don't be that sort of ppl requesting fully functional code.

The GIT is still functional so you can follow his path.

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

Elfo never followed its own L2J projects for more than 3 consecutives months and will never do so. That's like a running gag or a prophecy you can't go through, like aCis being a never-ending project.

For his defense, he got way better things to do and is far more successful on his Youtube channel. Also, anyone is up to pick what Elfo left ; don't be that sort of ppl requesting fully functional code.

I love that every comment you write must include aCis. I can imagine you with your new girl the very first night in a romantic hotel room. 

-Girl: Wanna join in this hot tub with me babe?

-Tryskell: I would highly recommend join my inner aCis circle first then your tab.

-Girl: I'm from L2J team.

-Tryskell: ...please out of my room. 

On 12/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, Tryskell said:

I do not expect anything, i've started the project myself from the scratch, not that the code isn't good, i just don't like to copy/paste thinks up. I need clean space doing thinks my way, but i'm still thinking on deciding, will it really be C#? or will it be golang? cuz i don't know i really really love golang, however c# on the other hand it's really improved. I've started the project  in C# but still i am frozen and still undecided if i'd rather continue in C# or switch (cuz now it's early) when it's going to be huge that's a hell of a problem).

On 12/19/2023 at 5:41 PM, Kara_ said:

I love that every comment you write must include aCis. I can imagine you with your new girl the very first night in a romantic hotel room. 

-Girl: Wanna join in this hot tub with me babe?

-Tryskell: I would highly recommend join my inner aCis circle first then your tab.

-Girl: I'm from L2J team.

-Tryskell: ...please out of my room. 

Well he've done hard work, i don't know if he has a team but ppl say it's a very good pack source, i didn't see the code and structure but if the people are satisfied i guess he did a great job, so he just wants to advertise his hard work, so why not? But regardless i hate Java so i would NEVER ever touch Java code. 

On 12/23/2023 at 11:11 PM, Anonymity said:

I do not expect anything, i've started the project myself from the scratch, not that the code isn't good, i just don't like to copy/paste thinks up. I need clean space doing thinks my way, but i'm still thinking on deciding, will it really be C#? or will it be golang? cuz i don't know i really really love golang, however c# on the other hand it's really improved. I've started the project  in C# but still i am frozen and still undecided if i'd rather continue in C# or switch (cuz now it's early) when it's going to be huge that's a hell of a problem).

Well he've done hard work, i don't know if he has a team but ppl say it's a very good pack source, i didn't see the code and structure but if the people are satisfied i guess he did a great job, so he just wants to advertise his hard work, so why not? But regardless i hate Java so i would NEVER ever touch Java code. 

Ignore it me and tryskel have long past of spam attack each other since 2015 😞 

You're cleary new

• Like 1