Can't Get Bamboo Hat (Or Other Higher Chronicle Hats) Working On Il

HolyNova

Hey moders ^_^

I would like to kindly ask for you help, I think, I did try everything I could, but I can't move forward. Here's the thing. 

I saw a post with custom packs on forum here: http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/168690-pack-acessories-100-il/?hl=pack

and because I was curious, I downloaded it, and I am able to port these hats, which works fine: 

Refined Wizard Hat

Jester Hat Refined
Refined Romantic Chapeau
Refined Dapper Cap

However, I am not able to port these: 

Assassin's Bamboo Hat
Laborer Hat
Noblesse Oblige
Goddess Hair Style 1
Style 2 Hair Goddess

and I don't know why. First thing I did was to repair a format so fileedit actually eats itemnames and armorgrp, all of it fine, as Refined Hats work, but those, who has custom textures and are somehow from newer chronicle dont want to appear in game or developer window. Here is refined wizard hat and bamboo as an example and it is abbreviated (there only first few columns, but I think it should be enough). I also changed texture of the model from the original, because original looks like this: JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Bamboo_Hat and there is no such a thing in texture file (look here http://prntscr.com/5urmpj )

I changed it for the one in texture file, which is: JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Br_Bamboo_Hat_m003_a_t00_sp (but anyway it does not matter as it does not make any difference and result is the same = not loaded item at all)

1	9373	0	3	6	5	0	Dropitems.drop_magic_cap_m003_a			kamui_acc.magic_cap_m003_a_t01			kamui_acc.accessory_magician_cap2_i00					4294967295	510	13	0	0	18	1	LineageAccessory.Mfighter_magic_cap_m003_a	1	kamui_acc.magic_cap_m003_a_t01

1	9377	0	3	6	5	0	JohnScott_dropitem_br_bamboo.JohnScott_dropitem_br_bamboo			JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Br_Bamboo_Hat_m003_a_t00_sp			JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.br_Bamboo_Hat_i00					4294967295	510	8	0	0	17	1	JohnScott_MFighter_Br_Bamboo_Hat.JohnScott_MFighter_Br_Bamboo_Hat	1	JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Bamboo_Hat

Here is the screen from Developer windows, there should be the item, but it is not present at all. Only the refined hat is on place. http://prntscr.com/5urbex

Why it takes refined hat and does not take a bamboo hat? Could it be, that bamboo hat has a DXT3 texture and also an alpha channel (can't be the case as refined hats are also DXT3 as I discovered in UE 2 now), therefore interlude can't eat it? OR what could be the problem? I have no idea and I spent couple hours on it. I feel it is going to be something simple.

Could you also help me with developer windows on IL? Why it has problems with textures and stuff as shown on screenshot above? Any idea?

I can't figure it out with the hat, so I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by HolyNova

1: you fucked armorgrp or texture doesnt exist/wrong name which leads to grey mode or black icon

2: it doesnt equip it because there is no model for it or again you have your grp poitning at the wrong files

3: use entry.unr as your map in pawnview

1: you fucked armorgrp or texture doesnt exist/wrong name which leads to grey mode or black icon

2: it doesnt equip it because there is no model for it or again you have your grp poitning at the wrong files

3: use entry.unr as your map in pawnview

1. This is not the case, as the item is not in game at all. It is missing completely, so only thing could be wrong armorgrp, gonna look at it once more

2. same as above

3. Got it, thanks :) Nice gray cube ^_^

I've tested it and its working, you should revise your armorgrp and item data plus your texture file

also make sure the id tags are correct and there isnt any duplicate of it

okay, gonna check it again. Did you have to change the file structure for interlude from the original files? I had to so armor group eat it. Or you did not change anything and it worked out of the box? Thanks for clarification :) 

Anyway thanks both guys to point me somewhere :) 

Got it to work, thanks both. Problem actually was not that I fucked up textures or armor grp .dat files (which I did not), but that my system had dynasty weapons with same IDs in items.dat and weaponsgrp.dat, I needed to delete it in both files and then it started to work. :) Anyway thanks both for help.

If you don't mind I have few more questions to clarify few things.

1. This way, am I able to port practically everything? I saw a lot of shares in here, so it should be possible. What I want to know is, if there are some limitations regarding porting things from newer chronicles to old ones? Like if IL cant handle certain type of something, cant work with some kind of effects which are not in default in client  or DXT 3/5 limitations and things like that? Should I know about something?  

2. I have a small problem with normal hats - > I can see hair in hats. http://prntscr.com/5v4f12 (it is happening only to some of them) What could cause such a behavior? Where should I look? I thought it could be hairaccessorylocgrp.dat, but that is wrong assumption, right? 

3. Also, I don't understand, why the system takes texture file for bamboo hat in this format: "JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Bamboo_Hat", when there is no such texture in a file as I shown on screenshot in first post ( http://prntscr.com/5urmpj). Correct texture should be " JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Br_Bamboo_Hat_m003_a_t00_sp" or not? Could someone explain it to me please? 

Got it to work, thanks both. Problem actually was not that I fucked up textures or armor grp .dat files (which I did not), but that my system had dynasty weapons with same IDs in items.dat and weaponsgrp.dat, I needed to delete it in both files and then it started to work. :) Anyway thanks both for help.

If you don't mind I have few more questions to clarify few things.

1. This way, am I able to port practically everything? I saw a lot of shares in here, so it should be possible. What I want to know is, if there are some limitations regarding porting things from newer chronicles to old ones? Like if IL cant handle certain type of something, cant work with some kind of effects which are not in default in client  or DXT 3/5 limitations and things like that? Should I know about something?  

2. I have a small problem with normal hats - > I can see hair in hats. http://prntscr.com/5v4f12 (it is happening only to some of them) What could cause such a behavior? Where should I look? I thought it could be hairaccessorylocgrp.dat, but that is wrong assumption, right? 

3. Also, I don't understand, why the system takes texture file for bamboo hat in this format: "JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Bamboo_Hat", when there is no such texture in a file as I shown on screenshot in first post ( http://prntscr.com/5urmpj). Correct texture should be " JohnScott_Bamboo_Hat.Br_Bamboo_Hat_m003_a_t00_sp" or not? Could someone explain it to me please?

1: depends

6e72ea62d7.png

2: add _m001 (no hair on face), _m003 (hair on face), _m005/8+ (no hair) at the end of the mesh name. hat_m003 for example. you do not need a new mesh for that hat. it already exists in interlude (look for dapper cap and just replace its textures)

3: .Bamboo_Hat is referring to the shader not the texture. shaders are made up of different textures/effects

so usually how ncsoft organizes their files is _mk or _ori tag means its the diffuse that uses a opacity while the _sp tag is for specular masks and the _sp2 or _si tag is for self illumination tags. the _xx does not mean anything, it's only for your organization which i feel is very important especially when you have a lot of files

Edited by Ellen De La Generes

1: depends

6e72ea62d7.png

2: add _m001 (no hair on face), _m003 (hair on face), _m005/8+ (no hair) at the end of the mesh name. hat_m003 for example. you do not need a new mesh for that hat. it already exists in interlude (look for dapper cap and just replace its textures)

3: .Bamboo_Hat is referring to the shader not the texture. shaders are made up of different textures/effects

so usually how ncsoft organizes their files is _mk or _ori tag means its the diffuse that uses a opacity while the _sp tag is for specular masks and the _sp2 or _si tag is for self illumination tags. the _xx does not mean anything, it's only for your organization which i feel is very important especially when you have a lot of files

1. Nice

2. problem was just in IL dev mode. I did not know I can change hair in there and I probably accidentaly clicked on one of the buttons. Game client is fine

3. Thanks for clarification! :)