Class Balance With Config

Coded with feet, that's for sure. You can reduce code from Formulas.java to few lines (less than 10 overall). And your code is checking each type of weapon, each type of armor, and check 10+ times L2PcInstance, skill null, etc...

Ask to L2JReunion to learn "if / else if" at least, it exists since a while. And eventually parameterized Enum, see L2J CrystalType to get an overview of what I'm talking about.

And use 

code tag

This guy propably saw same config files on our free version and pointed out that we use this system in our sources.

That doesnt mean that we use it the way its coded... Also this code its for IL and our sources on H5. So its not c/p from l2jreunion!

So before talking and saying bullshits around, it would be better to ask or even dont throw ironic sayings.

This code is basically implemented on l2jreunion for pvp servers and owners that want to use custom items with crazy stats etc. Also as already pointed it could be useful  for owners that dont know how to edit skills etc and this way its easier to touch players damage .

Its on your own , if you want to use it or not.

As far as the "it is" xdem suck my balls :D

I just "trust" the sharer when it says it comes from your sources, if it is really coded like that, then you should remove it or at least rework it, because it sucks, no matter what. If you're only a user and decided to add to your sources, then the same scenario... If you're able to add that code without think about how ugly and inefficient it is, then I don't give a lot for others parts of your pack.

If it's not coded like that on your pack, good for you :P. And welcome to the circle of people who got a brain and simply don't c/p.

Whoever coded this piece of code, use it and spread it should be jailed.

@Intrepid, my pack uses 220mo at startup, and around 320 fully loaded. It misses around 10mo of scripts at worst, let's say. I don't know what needs so much RAM on higher chronicles. Finally you should know than an Java application tends to use a lot more RAM if the allocated RAM is big, it's right for aCis too (it can easily use 1g RAM if you set 4g max for example, it's not software which needs it as it can run with the basic 512 setting, but it's Java which does that naturally ; the only point is to space the GC cycles).

About thread in general, Intrepid is right saying than wepaon kind edit is inefficient, as it can impacts classes you didn't want to nerf. The thing you call "balance" should be made class by class, and you should also seek/fix synergies between classes.

Edited by Tryskell

This guy propably saw same config files on our free version and pointed out that we use this system in our sources.

That doesnt mean that we use it the way its coded... Also this code its for IL and our sources on H5. So its not c/p from l2jreunion!

So before talking and saying bullshits around, it would be better to ask or even dont throw ironic sayings.

This code is basically implemented on l2jreunion for pvp servers and owners that want to use custom items with crazy stats etc. Also as already pointed it could be useful  for owners that dont know how to edit skills etc and this way its easier to touch players damage .

Its on your own , if you want to use it or not.

1st of all this code is for frozen and your code in your pack isnt the same but have the same configs and maybe isnt same coded in your pack with this code but is for same job. with this code you can change the same things with your pack. all this code is for + - the damages about classes. but i say again and again sure need make skills fix but with this you can fix more things for more balance

I was refering to the code

i ask if team from l2jreunion is unskilled cuz he say "thats mostly a tool for the most unskilled server owners"

it is

no hardfealings <3

Edited by xdem

Try to recode it nikosdevil20, see CrystalType Enum on latest L2J to understand what I mean. Your current code works, but it's inefficient.

I was refering to the code

no hardfealings <3

:D mistake

sorry then, dont suck them ....

Edited by `NeverMore

I just "trust" the sharer when it says it comes from your sources, if it is really coded like that, then you should remove it or at least rework it, because it sucks, no matter what. If you're only a user and decided to add to your sources, then the same scenario... If you're able to add that code without think about how ugly and inefficient it is, then I don't give a lot for others parts of your pack.

If it's not coded like that on your pack, good for you :P. And welcome to the circle of people who got a brain and simply don't c/p.

@Intrepid, my pack uses 220mo at startup, and around 320 fully loaded. It misses around 10mo of scripts at worst, let's say. I don't know what needs so much RAM on higher chronicles. Finally you should know than an Java application tends to use a lot more RAM if the allocated RAM is big, it's right for aCis too (it can easily use 1g RAM if you set 4g max for example, it's not software which needs it as it can run with the basic 512 setting, but it's Java which does that naturally ; the only point is to space the GC cycles).

About thread in general, Intrepid is right saying than wepaon kind edit is inefficient, as it can impacts classes you didn't want to nerf. The thing you call "balance" should be made class by class, and you should also seek/fix synergies between classes.

i cant understund good english so i cant understund what you try to say me :)

Coded with feet, that's for sure. You can reduce code from Formulas.java to few lines (less than 10 overall). And your code is checking each type of weapon, each type of armor, and check 10+ times L2PcInstance, skill null, etc...

Ask to L2JReunion to learn "if / else if" at least, it exists since a while. And eventually parameterized Enum, see L2J CrystalType to get an overview of what I'm talking about.

And use 

code tag

i say something about l2jreunion team cuz this project from l2jreunion is popular for now but i havent take the code from this pack. this pack have the same configs but is not same coded with this code. but in l2jreunion pack and this code do the same job. so dont say anything about l2jreunion. l2jreunion is hi5 pack and this code is for interlude

What uses a lot of resources in l2j at higher chronicles is truly the bad coding practices for example their mmocore is by far the worst out of anything that has been used by any java based game emulator, their threadpool is outdated and messed up, their database handling is again outdated and messed up, almost all of their attempts to create a more versatile and easier to work with code failed(just compare their bunch of interfaces and holders with the global restriction of l2jfree). And thats just the tip of the iceberg, the biggest reason why l2j is as bad as it is, is their huge ego(always have been an issue). If something is good and tested for months they dont implement it just because they would need to acknowledge someone else did a good job from another team, so they rather try to implement their own version which rarely turns out to be better or even good than what they could have synced. Thats the reason why russians are ahead this much. :)

Ohh and memory stats doesnt matter because of l2j and therefore your pack too because you follow them on sync, tends to cheat and hide their bad practices for example the idea of deleting javolution instead of using a newer version and work around a faster and more versatile collection of classes just because it would require them to learn new things. :)

Edited by Intrepid

What uses a lot of resources in l2j at higher chronicles is truly the bad coding practices for example their mmocore is by far the worst out of anything that has been used by any java based game emulator, their threadpool is outdated and messed up, their database handling is again outdated and messed up, almost all of their attempts to create a more versatile and easier to work with code failed(just compare their bunch of interfaces and holders with the global restriction of l2jfree). And thats just the tip of the iceberg, the biggest reason why l2j is as bad as it is, is their huge ego(always have been an issue). If something is good and tested for months they dont implement it just because they would need to acknowledge someone else did a good job from another team, so they rather try to implement their own version which rarely turns out to be better or even good than what they could have synced. Thats the reason why russians are ahead this much. :)

Ohh and memory stats doesnt matter because of l2j and therefore your pack too because you follow them on sync, tends to cheat and hide their bad practices for example the idea of deleting javolution instead of using a newer version and work around a faster and more versatile collection of classes just because it would require them to learn new things. :)

no, they just have bigger static data to load, more managers and python which eventually will be totally removed and no they are not dead at all

no, they just have bigger static data to load, more managers and python which eventually will be totally removed and no they are not dead at all

The amount of static data doesnt matter in realtime performance only in startup time where they use an utterly useless and messed up wrapper for data loading. Tho that conversation would get pretty heavy considering 99% of the mxc community is an l2j guy coming from their hate against maven and understanding any other project.

WORK? and work for interlude?

yes i have test in freya l2j and work. but be carefull what changes you do. dont change it from 1.0 to  150.0

• 2 weeks later...

First of all the config part is wrong.

Should be:

+ DAGGER_VS_HEAVY = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("DaggerVsHeavy", "2.50"));
+ DAGGER_VS_LIGHT = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("DaggerVsLight", "2.00"));
+ DAGGER_VS_ROBE = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("DaggerVsRobe", "1.80"));
+
+ ARCHER_VS_HEAVY = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("ArcherVsHeavy", "2.50"));
+ ARCHER_VS_LIGHT = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("ArcherVsLight", "2.00"));
+ ARCHER_VS_ROBE = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("ArcherVsRobe", "1.80"));
+
+ BLUNT_VS_HEAVY = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("BluntVsHeavy", "2.50"));
+ BLUNT_VS_LIGHT = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("BluntVsLight", "2.00"));
+ BLUNT_VS_ROBE = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("BluntVsRobe", "1.80"));
+
+ FIST_VS_HEAVY = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("FistVsHeavy", "2.50"));
+ FIST_VS_LIGHT = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("FistVsLight", "2.00"));
+ FIST_VS_ROBE = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("FistVsRobe", "1.80"));
+
+ DUAL_VS_HEAVY = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("DualVsHeavy", "2.50"));
+ DUAL_VS_LIGHT = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("DualVsLight", "2.00"));
+ DUAL_VS_ROBE = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("DualVsRobe", "1.80"));
+
+ SWORD_VS_HEAVY = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("SwordVsHeavy", "2.50"));
+ SWORD_VS_LIGHT = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("SwordVsLight", "2.00"));
+ SWORD_VS_ROBE = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("SwordVsRobe", "1.80"));
+
+ POLE_VS_HEAVY = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("PoleVsHeavy", "2.50"));
+ POLE_VS_LIGHT = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("PoleVsLight", "2.00"));
+ POLE_VS_ROBE = Float.parseFloat(L2JModSettings.getProperty("PoleVsRobe", "1.80"));

Also there is missing the part about the mages but nothing fatal :)

And since there are so many replies that this code is useless or crappy well I don't think its like that ...

For sure this code will not balance your server but it will not un-balance it also (If the admin is not idiot and know's what values to put for configs).