Some Advices From Skilled Players (Nocturne Jungle)

Lokus

Hey there guys:

As there are many platinum ++ players around (im a small silver II) I would like someone to give his/her opinion about the following build/masteries/runes for nocturne jungle. As I havent found any solid guide about him (mobafire ones... well doesnt fit at all as they build him full tank for full ad) wich fits with my game style, I decided to make my own, and I wanna know what you think about it and how I can improve it:

Items:

32px-Hunter%27s_Machete_item.png 32px-Health_Potion_item.png > 1st back > 32px-Doran%27s_Blade_item.png32px-Boots_of_Speed_item.png32px-Berserker%27s_Greaves_item.png 32px-Avarice_Blade_item.png 32px-Statikk_Shiv_item.png32px-Spirit_of_the_Ancient_Golem_item.pn > 32px-Blade_of_the_Ruined_King_item.png > 32px-Randuin%27s_Omen_item.png32px-Frozen_Mallet_item.png

Masteries:

g5m0.png

Runes:

Ad Marks > Armor seals > Mr Glyphs >  lifesteal Quintessence  x2 + Dmg  Quintessence x1

So how you see this build? You would change anything? Maybe its the thypical no tank but no ad either build?

Thanks for your comments!

That's a good solo q set up, especially at silver elo where it's not that hard to make gold as a jungler.

I personally prefer running the classic jungle build (Tabi, Golem, Solari + situational defensive items), since it's a less risky one and suits most team comps. Even as full tank, Nocturne is still not ignorable, because of his Q and W steroids. 

For runes I use 3 AD quints instead of 1 AD and 2 LS, since I think LS runes are pointless in the jungle unless you start with Doran's Blade instead of Machete. 

Finally, I aim at having built a Kindlegem before my 1st ult, that is usually used at the bot lane. Kindlegem gives you 10 % CDR, which helps you have your ulti more often. More ults = more plays = more kills/objectives.

P.S. your set up might be the best at silver though. Try and see. 

Edited by Fortuna

That's a good solo q set up, especially at silver elo where it's not that hard to make gold as a jungler.

I personally prefer running the classic jungle build (Tabi, Golem, Solari + situational defensive items), since it's a less risky one and suits most team comps. Even as full tank, Nocturne is still not ignorable, because of his Q and W steroids. 

For runes I use 3 AD quints instead of 1 AD and 2 LS, since I think LS runes are pointless in the jungle unless you start with Doran's Blade instead of Machete. 

Finally, I aim at having built a Kindlegem before my 1st ult, that is usually used at the bot lane. Kindlegem gives you 10 % CDR, which helps you have your ulti more often. More ults = more plays = more kills/objectives.

P.S. your set up might be the best at silver though. Try and see. 

Well, I have tried that build many times and works, but it scales badly at late game, thats why I ask for a way to improve it. Most of the times at mid game, other junglers starts shine while im unable to keep carring as I did on early. Maybe a full tank build would suit better, dunno. 

About runes, I agree with you 100%, 1st change Im going to do :P

About kinglegem, well, hard choose between dorans + boots and it, I will try it as second item to see how it works. 

Noc must be tanky in all cases, rarely squshy junglers without gapclosers succeed on a game

Thats true, but as tank is not easy to get out of silver in solo Q. Also I consider that nocturne gots some potential to be played as offtank. The Q>E>W suplies the lack of gap closer, as guarantees a sucesful gank in the 90% of the cases (if they got no flash obviously). Maybe its cause I have just deal with players that uses their cc when I got shield up in the 90% of the cases hehe

Thanks you two for your opinions, they are rly welcome :P

The thing is that junglers do not make much gold and it's risky to go for damage on anyone except from Evelynn, but even on her you go for a cheap tanky AP build (Unless you're snowballing), not an assassin build. It's not like you're playing a top lane bruiser where you can have a lane to farm almost 24/7 and afford building whatever you want. 

But as I said, your build could work at silver, where people's strategy in team fights is "just dive the carry!!!" and leave their own carry unprotected from the enemy team's divers. I used a similar build when I was High Gold/ Low Plat in S2 and worked pretty fine. 

Edited by Fortuna