Rebuilding all Ranks - Suggest and win VIP status.

Maxtor

dont make donators and vip the same..we are idiots that gave 10 euros more?

+1

Diamond Member (Instead of VIP)

Pearl Member (Instead of Donate)

think of this

first of all, ranks are not gonna change anything

but, still, it would be better as

Global mods

moderators with many privs except ban and announcement privs

very specific sections with full privs(full full)

and only a donator group - premiums

Legendary Member -> Veteran

Administrator -> Owner // It's good for a  new user to know who is in the top of the pyramid. (change it's color too)

CoAdmin -> Administrator // You can have the Administrator rank as a head group and bring back the CoAdmin rank in the future in case you need to add more than 2 people in this group, so you manage them better.

Gaming Moderator will be the "head staff" (like the above) while the current gaming mods will split into ranks depending on who knows what better, free time, behavior, etc.

What i mean is, some people have specific knowledge about LoL exclusively (example) but they are gaming mods whatsoever.Imo, this is wrong.You should leave the "Gaming Moderator" as it is and make some tweaks (check the beggining of my sentence).That way, you will give new users that are not familiar with all the games we have at the Gaming Zone the chance to apply for specific games moderators and the guys with better overall knowledge will be in the Head Staff aka Gaming Mods.

+1 for the middleman rank but this is a very responsible rank and i believe that even you or the Admin of the site should do some middleman when you have free time until we have more than 1-2 trusted people.Of course you have to supervise the trades and punish the middleman anyway you can if something goes wrong or the idea will fail and users will be dissappointed.

Change the Donator rank to Supporter.Naming something that requires money to get "Donator" is never good when you have users below 14 yo in a forum/server.They hate donators, many grown people too, because they can't or don't want to afford the money for this rank.Also, it's a name that doesn't attract people like the VIP for example.

VIP rank is fine as it is already.If you insist on refreshing them (donator/supporter & VIP) you should only change the names/colors.

For example, VIP could change to Gold Member and Donator/Supporter to Silver.

You should create a Help sub-section inside the Spam section and split it into Hardware/Software categories so people will stop creating threads asking for help anywhere they want.We can create tutorials for known issues in there.As time passing by you will notice that some members reply and help in this section constantly.Then you will "promote" them to a new rank like "MxC Assistant" or "MxC Helper".Imo, this will motivate new users to stay and try to get a rank and it can bring a new kind of people in here, the geeks!

You should consider creating a "Political Section" since we have many people that -beep- around daily discussing ONLY about this thing so they will gtfo of the other sections and will stop turning EVERY thread into a political debate.

About the post count titles, you can make them more fun.Also, most of the current ranks look the same.What i thought is, you can remove them completely and create a new system that will be based on people's date of join in the forum.

Like Oldschool, Fresh Meat, Elder, etc.Not much inspiration on this one :(

If you wanna keep the current system here are some changes:

Remove the Non Poster.Basically newbie is the same thing.

Wannabe Cheater -> Feature Cheater

Rookie Cheater -> Apprentice Cheater

Little Cheater -> Cheater

Senior Cheater -> Mister Cheater or Miss Cheater, depending on account's sex.

Premier Cheater -> Delete it and leave the Professional Cheater

Supreme Cheater -> Defined Cheater

Max Cheater -> it's good as it is

Maximum Cheater -> Cheating Maniac

Captain Cheater -> remove it

Major -> Governor

Best Cheater -> remove it

Crazy Cheater -> remove it

The Craziest Cheater -> replace it with Da F(u)ckin Cheater or Cheetah?

Da -beep-in Cheata! -> remove it

Insane Cheater -> Insane

The Grandpa -> Dedicated

Cheaterdo! -> leave it as it is

Cheaterdinator! -> remove it

No Life Just MxC -> Commited 

I see Dead People! -> InsomniaC!

Homepage maxcheaters! -> good as it is

Left Ma Bones! -> Lost Ma Mind

Warning 5000+ Posts! -> Predator

It's over 9000 thousand! -> Ban me! or leave it as it is

Something else you need to start doing again is many events/competitions that will bring more people.You can make new events like quiz, games with words, etc. and of course the old competitions that you were doing before.It's easy to find competitions.You can make a competition for people to give you ideas about competitions (inception) :LOL:.You should add different prizes.Not permanent VIP/Donator status only, implement temporary mod/VIP/donator status so people will stop thinking that it's impossible to get those ranks.

Last and most important thing, set some rules and OBEY THEM.I've seen mods flaming users and replying ironically to them.This should never happen again.

Staff is meant to respect the users and supervise the sections, help out the members and lock topics.Nothing else.

Anyone who abuses his permissions or doesn't follow the rules should be punished and get his rank removed.

Same thing applies to members.We must stop arguing about politics and flaming each other in every -beep-ing topic and whoever doesn't behave gets teh banhammer.

All these should be happening under your supervision or somebody else's that will be ACTIVE and OBJECTIVE.

That's all folks!

TL;DR: Read above  :y u no?:

Platinum Members

Veterans

Gold Member

Gaming Moderator

Coder

Global Moderator

Admin/Owner

First of all renaming donators/vips and legendaries would be an interesting little touch. Veteran may describe better the members of the group as far as it contains old, experienced members. The problem might be that the vips might feel a bit disappointed for paying more but getting merged with the donators. So a good choice would be to rename donators to emerald members and vip to platinum members. Or the other way around.

Renaming moderators to gold member as it used to be, it will give a better taste to what gold members are, as far as they are like the simple member with just some extra permissions. Also, punishing members in any way wouldn't be available for gold members, imo.

Coders, and global moderators should stay as they are, as the describe perfectly their job. Also, only a coding rank is enough, as this forum is mostly a gaming forum rather than a coding forum.

Post based groups are good in my opinion. A good thing to do with them is to change their color name after a certain ammount of posts. Not as many as the "I see dead people" rank. Because it is almost mpossible to reach that many posts, these days as the activity has dropped a bit. You can also add some more humourous post based groups such as "Chuck Norris" at 5k posts, or something similar.

By the way, another interesting rank should be a moderator about the marketplaces. Scamming is something serious and having a person managing and investigating the marketplace would really help.

i have read one by one all the replies, and to be honest, you are very helpfull ! keep them coming, i will collect all the informations and ill announce my results.

Notice: It will be good to choose between Global Mods and Moderators. There is no reason to keep them both.

[Current ranks]

• Administrator should be renamed to Owner((in this case is Maxtor). I don't have to explain why.
  • Global Moderator (!) is useless. They're not doing anything else except banning members. Each section will have its own moderator, so.
  • CoAdmin should be renamed to Administrator(in this case is Justice), considering that this rank is/should be the most active and to take care of all that surrounds him.
  • Coder/Developer should be separated into several tiers; L2OFF Developer, L2J Developer and L2Client Developer. A person can't handle all these, this task is divided into multiple tiers.
  • Donator Member should be removed at all, we'll have Premium Member.
  • Gaming Moderator should be removed, a person can't know all the parts(games) to perfection. However, it will be useless when the new ranks will appear.
  • GFX Moderator is fine I think.
  • L2MxC Dev should be removed, l2mxc server has a different forum.
  • Legendary Member should be removed at all. No one should be more special than another. Only children will think differently, am I right Univerise? you really want it, you want to be different from others.
  • Moderator. I think we can keep it, it's a lock machine dedicated to no-lifers.
  • Supporter (?)
  • SVIP Member is a pretty bad idea in my opinion, it should be removed at all.
  • VIP Member should be renamed to Premium Member. They're not VIP, they just donated to have greater access.

[New Ranks]

• L2OFF Developer because (I already mentioned above).
  • L2J Developer because (I already mentioned above).
  • L2Client Developer because (I already mentioned above).
  • L2 Moderator to moderate the whole Lineage 2 section, L2 is the helm of this forum.
  • LoL Moderator I don't have to explain why, is an active section and so on.

[Current ranks]

• Administrator should be renamed to Owner((in this case is Maxtor). I don't have to explain why.
  • Global Moderator (!) is useless. They're not doing anything else except banning members. Each section will have its own moderator, so.
  • CoAdmin should be renamed to Administrator(in this case is Justice), considering that this rank is/should be the most active and to take care of all that surrounds him.
  • Coder/Developer should be separated into several tiers; L2OFF Developer, L2J Developer and L2Client Developer. A person can't handle all these, this task is divided into multiple tiers.
  • Donator Member should be removed at all, we'll have Premium Member.
  • Gaming Moderator should be removed, a person can't know all the parts(games) to perfection. However, it will be useless when the new ranks will appear.
  • GFX Moderator is fine I think.
  • L2MxC Dev should be removed, l2mxc server has a different forum.
  • Legendary Member should be removed at all. No one should be more special than another. Only children will think differently, am I right Univerise? you really want it, you want to be different from others.
  • Moderator should be renamed to Gold Moderator. I think we can keep it, it's a lock machine dedicated to no-lifers.
  • Supporter (?)
  • SVIP Member is a pretty bad idea in my opinion, it should be removed at all.
  • VIP Member should be renamed to Premium Member. They're not VIP, they just donated to have greater access.

[New Ranks]

• L2OFF Developer because (I already mentioned above).
  • L2J Developer because (I already mentioned above).
  • L2Client Developer because (I already mentioned above).
  • L2 Moderator to moderate the whole Lineage 2 section, L2 is the helm of this forum.
  • LoL Moderator I don't have to explain why, is an active section and so on.

The problem is that no one is spending time on client developing, neither on l2 off.