Jump to content
DnR

Project Chronicle 4 Project L2Jlisvus

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DenArt Designs said:

https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/L2JLisvus/trunk/Lisvus_GameServer/lib/

you use many old version libraries you can make mmocore inside the server and many of those jars can be removed too :)

 

Hello, thanks a lot for posting your opinion about project structure.

 

Before i start, let me point out that I believe you are overreacting here.

 

JavaScript and BeanShell engines are being kept for legacy purposes, just like l2j did for dozens of years, and for the time being i'd rather they stayed there, since they don't cause any harm.

Ofc, I also doubt admins will create scripts using these engines. They have enough trouble doing "the easy part".

Jython engine is used for quest scripts.

Java engine is also available and is used for AI scripts.

Trove is a really useful library but not much use has been made of it. In that case, i'm probably gonna agree with you and remove it from project.

JDBC libraries need to update to their current versions. That is definitely because project wasn't really active these past few years.

 

MMOCore is going to be merged with source soon, it's been in the plan for a long time but there have been obstacles, far more important than the amount of libraries ^^.

Also, work regarding geodata is going to be done in the future. After all, L2J_GeoAbstraction was adapted from Freya, which removed it a while later, long ago.

 

I hope i answered your questions.

Thanks for suggesting.

Edited by DnR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SweeTs said:

I've never understood the logic of frozen uMad folder (website engine read to get vote) and many others but still frozen is abandoned..

 

9 hours ago, DnR said:

 

Hello, thanks a lot for posting your opinion about project structure.

 

Before i start, let me point out that I believe you are overreacting here.

 

JavaScript and BeanShell engines are being kept for legacy purposes, just like l2j did for dozens of years, and for the time being i'd rather they stayed there, since they don't cause any harm.

Ofc, I also doubt admins will create scripts using these engines. They have enough trouble doing "the easy part".

Jython engine is used for quest scripts.

Java engine is also available and is used for AI scripts.

Trove is a really useful library but not much use has been made of it. In that case, i'm probably gonna agree with you and remove it from project.

JDBC libraries need to update to their current versions. That is definitely because project wasn't really active these past few years.

 

MMOCore is going to be merged with source soon, it's been in the plan for a long time but there have been obstacles, far more important than the amount of libraries ^^.

Also, work regarding geodata is going to be done in the future. After all, L2J_GeoAbstraction was adapted from Freya, which removed it a while later, long ago.

 

I hope i answered your questions.

Thanks for suggesting.

it was not questions or commends so overraction is nonexistant, I just suggested an update in your libraries mysql 5.6 more faster/stable just an example now question that acis solved, why you keep java outside of jar? your possible answer is "for reload purpuses" cause there is no other valid answer so keeping all this angines to read outside java for scripts and AI logic is to debug without building the source, in sort you load a count of useless jars to debug live, if you do that its ok, but if you dont just remove the datapack side python/java/quest/ai or w/e files you have and put them inside the core its the logic think to do, we have fast computers now an extra build to fix something is some seconds its nothing compared to before some years that it was usefull for this engines to exists when we had dual cores and HDDs 80GB. Think that you want to update all your try{} to try(resources){} you have 2 things to update Core and DP.... why?

 

PS I did not ask what the engines do, I know. This is why I suggested the updates/removals so now I give you the reason of my suggestions to be more understandable.

in sort

1) everything that is on DP side that has .py extension should be translated into java

2) all java of DP side should be on core

3) cleanup all engines that used to read java from DP

this is how you achieve speed and stability, faster updates in 1 side.

 

and before you say anything remember... you started it with removal of javolution.

Edited by DenArt Designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DenArt Designs said:

I've never understood the logic of frozen uMad folder (website engine read to get vote) and many others but still frozen is abandoned..

 

it was not questions or commends so overraction is nonexistant, I just suggested an update in your libraries mysql 5.6 more faster/stable just an example now question that acis solved, why you keep java outside of jar? your possible answer is "for reload purpuses" cause there is no other valid answer so keeping all this angines to read outside java for scripts and AI logic is to debug without building the source, in sort you load a count of useless jars to debug live, if you do that its ok, but if you dont just remove the datapack side python/java/quest/ai or w/e files you have and put them inside the core its the logic think to do, we have fast computers now an extra build to fix something is some seconds its nothing compared to before some years that it was usefull for this engines to exists when we had dual cores and HDDs 80GB. Think that you want to update all your try{} to try(resources){} you have 2 things to update Core and DP.... why?

 

PS I did not ask what the engines do, I know. This is why I suggested the updates/removals so now I give you the reason of my suggestions to be more understandable.

in sort

1) everything that is on DP side that has .py extension should be translated into java

2) all java of DP side should be on core

3) cleanup all engines that used to read java from DP

this is how you achieve speed and stability, faster updates in 1 side.

 

and before you say anything remember... you started it with removal of javolution.

 

Quote

it was not questions or commends so overraction is nonexistant, I just suggested an update in your libraries mysql 5.6 more faster/stable

I know very well what it was, but you seem to fail to understand. Not only was it overreacting, but it offended project's philosophy at the same time. I already provided you with details regarding libraries such as mysql not being up-to-date and had a good explanation for it, but i'm really wondering if you ever got past the second line while reading.
 

Quote

why you keep java outside of jar? your possible answer is "for reload purpuses" cause there is no other valid answer

My possible answer? There is no other valid answer? I don't like people who make assumptions based simply on their own thoughts.

You have to realize this is the project's philosophy. I declared that project won't translate quests from python to Java, long ago.

It might do so in a very distant future if it's still alive, that's all i have to say.

However, AIs (most of them) are written in java and people are allowed to develop their scripts using any engine.

I also declared many other things that strangers who never followed project before, would not be familiar with.

 

Quote

we have fast computers now an extra build to fix something is some seconds its nothing compared to before some years that it was usefull for this engines to exists when we had dual cores and HDDs 80GB.

That's not making sense, at all.

 

Quote

Think that you want to update all your try{} to try(resources){} you have 2 things to update Core and DP.... why?

I never had such major issues while updating. Not even with removing Javolution, since python scripts use native python map and list. Datapack required updating merely about 5 scripts.

 

Quote

PS I did not ask what the engines do, I know. This is why I suggested the updates/removals so now I give you the reason of my suggestions to be more understandable.

Even though your first post was as senseless as suggesting to rewrite project in C++, it was really understandable, but on the other hand you haven't got a damn clue about project's 8-year history, my lack of activity and announcements, and yet you treated, willingly or not, me and all those people who worked hard in these past years as stupid. So on my side, i treated you and your first post as clueless, as gently as possible.

I'm pretty surprised you didn't assume that using your psychic powers, though.

 

Quote

and before you say anything remember... you started it with removal of javolution.

Before i say anything? Remember? Well, tbh your attitude gives me the chills.

Script engine is still working pretty well even after the removal of Javolution. Also, I believe i have the right to choose what to update and what to not according to what i think it's the best for my project.

 

Project also focuses on game stability which you didn't say a thing about, and i really don't have enough time to waste at reworking things that are still of use. Please assume that my time is really limited, because it is.

C4 branch required even more work due to its horrible mess, than few later chronicles, despite having less features.
 

I honestly took your suggestion of updating libraries into account because it's common sense to do so. About removing, it's not going to happen.

I would also be grateful if you respected project's philosophy more, and realized that not everyone wants to follow the examples of aCis project.

 

Once more, thanks a lot for your suggestions and good luck.

DnR

Edited by DnR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kara` said:

@DnR Calm down guys, you misunderstood each other.  :goodsir: Relax

 

45 minutes ago, DenArt Designs said:

I was talking in a friendly manner, yes I don't know the projects past but since I saw the last commit I tried to suggest something and I see now that you got offended sorry bye.

 

@DenArt Designs I believe I owe an apology. Being under a lot of stress these days, i might have misinterpreted your thoughts making me feel offended, and now I feel embarassed about this. I'm also under a lot of stress just by being the project manager and always try to defend project community's work and my work. Apart from developing, my role is to also listen as much as possible, which there are times that like many i do not, due to my human ego, but i'm doing my best.

 

Just as I pointed out in my earlier post, i'm going to take some of your advice and move forward.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for caring about this project.
 

Best regards,

DnR

Edited by DnR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DnR said:

 

 

@DenArt Designs I believe I owe an apology. Being under a lot of stress these days, i might have misinterpreted your thoughts making me feel offended, and now I feel embarassed about this. I'm also under a lot of stress just by being the project manager and always try to defend project community's work and my work. Apart from developing, my role is to also listen as much as possible, which there are times that like many i do not, due to my human ego, but i'm doing my best.

 

Just as i pointed out, i'm going to take some of your advice and move forward.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for caring about this project.
 

Best regards,

DnR

aww, don't be mad at DenArt little DnR <3 she is very nice person. :victory:

Continue work with LisvuS, you doin great job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×