5x C5 [OFF] Server Looking for Staff

Inviction

Question

Dedicated to bringing back "The Good Ole Days!"

First question people are asking me is what Extender will you use. We are using Azures C5 Files and Client protection  :)

A quick introduction. I have been playing L2 since C1 but have been out of the loop for awhile now. Last server I played was Aerith from its beta until it closed..so yeah been awhile. I am from Montreal QC, canada am a father of 2 and 33 years old. Yeah I know..old :P About a month ago I got the itch to start playing and started looking for a private server and was amazed at how many there were now! I spent about a week trying servers and was disgusted.....servers run on home boxs, retarded donations, bugs, servers closing after a week, servers getting hacked, corruption, bad population........gg!

The community is fakked. We need some real high quality servers to bring the players together. Right now they are scattered all over thousands of servers, and there are many that have quit altogether but would come back if there was some more quality servers to play.

So...that being said I decided to start a low rate C5 server 5x to be exact.

I am a busy guy with 2 kids and a 40-50 hour a week job. No way I can do a project like this by myself. I have been lurking MXC for a longtime so it is my first choice of where to post in trying to recruit some skilled people for this project.

What am I looking for?

Currently looking for 2 advertising reps  

Those of you that have been visiting this thread will notice the rates changed in the title. After alot of thought and talking to various people I changed the rate to 5x. That is where it will stay.

This is not for profit. Just for those that have the skills and want to become part of what should be a great server and community. I am going to take the time to make sure things are done right so if you are short on patience it may not be the place for you.

If you are interested please join me on IRC (I do not use any messenger services and will not respond to PMs here)

Website- http://www.l2insomnia.com

Server- irc.dal.net

Channel- #L2Insomnia

Insomnia

Makes sense and I have read about other people saying the same thing with Joomla. Unfortunately though I do not have near enough time try and port everything over to PHP-Fusion. And I do agree about the forum. I prefer SMF but am using phpbb because it bridges well with Joomla.

Edit: Been doing some research on PHP-Fusion it looks great. If I can find somebody that can port the current site and theme over I will give it a try.

I could do it but im a little bit busy.

Hallo, "BotGoD"  ;D

Spam ??

Well little update. Server was purchased last week :D Waiting for it to arrive at my home. The datacenter where it will be housed in only 1/2 hour away. DDOS protection.....what a bitch!! So far finding a datacenter that had REAL ddos protection has been the hardest part of this entire project. I contacted and talked with over 100 datacenters. Let me tell you something if you decide to do it right and get real ddos protection do your fakking homework. There are very few that actually have real protection. I am not going to give away some cake but I will give you a very good hint. Arbor peak flow/analysis. This is key to finding a DDOS protected network that actually works.

So anyways things are rolling along the site has been ported to PHP-Fusion as well just needs some tweeking and whatnot. Everythings looking great! And no there is no ETA so don't ask.

Here are the base specs for the server I bought.

2x Dual Core AMD Opteron 2212s

2x SAS 15k RPM, 73GB HDDs

12 GB RAM, DDR2 667MHz

She'll take 3k players without lag.

Insomnia

Happy to say that Krazyone has joined us as Webmaster/Dev. A very talented guy who specializes in writing conversion scripts has also done a tone of work with the unreal engine. He brings alot of experience and knowledge to the table not to mention he's a great fella and the one responsible for our seamless and quick port from Joomla/phpbb>>PHP-Fusion.

See the announcement here http://www.l2insomnia.com